Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did the $7k additional tax rebate pass?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I've almost placed my order about 30 times. I sort of want to wait to at least see what the ev credit details will look like. Passing up on the possibility of $10k just seems so stupid.
Unless one takes delivery and it’s retroactive for that year. You also have to remember prices may rise. I locked my MY order in and I can delay it for 1 year with the same price.

Speaker of the House again today said goal is to have the bill passed by August, maybe even around the 4th of July. Hopefully we see the details by the end of this month.
Yes and that is no different than what she said a month ago before Biden presented his wish list. Her date is built around their planned periods of recesses. So assuming she can get something passed then it will go to the Senate. Do you really think the Senate will just vote on the House Bill with no debate and amendments? If they do any amendments it will then go back to the House for more debates and changes. Good luck seeing a signed bill by Thanksgiving or even by Christmas recess. The later the better because then they can use it for the midterm elections.

As for production delay time, Austin Texas is the answer there. Meanwhile those of us with orders are being tooled around with daily changing delivery times.

Reactions: 1plavs
Yes and that is no different than what she said a month ago before Biden presented his wish list. Her date is built around their planned periods of recesses. So assuming she can get something passed then it will go to the Senate. Do you really think the Senate will just vote on the House Bill with no debate and amendments? If they do any amendments it will then go back to the House for more debates and changes. Good luck seeing a signed bill by Thanksgiving or even by Christmas recess. The later the better because then they can use it for the midterm elections.

As for production delay time, Austin Texas is the answer there. Meanwhile those of us with orders are being tooled around with daily changing delivery times.
Blindly passing a mutli-Trillion dolar bill through the senate without reading the contents worked so well with mid term elections last time they controlled all chambers ;)

They'll need to pass it with time to cool off, so it isn't a main campaign talking point for the competition (which is very anti-EV, and anti-EV subsidization).

Blindly passing a mutli-Trillion dolar bill through the senate without reading the contents worked so well with mid term elections last time they controlled all chambers ;)

They'll need to pass it with time to cool off, so it isn't a main campaign talking point for the competition (which is very anti-EV, and anti-EV subsidization).
The problem is not the EV incentives. The problem is all the spending that has nothing to do with making the nation better. If there needs to be a cooling off period then there is something wrong.

This is a pro Tesla forum so I assume everyone is OK with Tesla. Fact is Tesla doesn't need the government twisting people's arms for them to sell all the Teslas they can make now with no inventory and long wait times Even Elon doesn't agree with it. I certainly don't need a handout. Do people need a handout because they want that Performance trim so they can drive a couple tenths of a mile faster when the light turns green? Some things need repair and improvement but giving out free money so a person who can afford a Tesla can now get the Performance trim for free is ludicrous. See what I did with that pun?

The problem is not the EV incentives. The problem is all the spending that has nothing to do with making the nation better. If there needs to be a cooling off period then there is something wrong.

This is a pro Tesla forum so I assume everyone is OK with Tesla. Fact is Tesla doesn't need the government twisting people's arms for them to sell all the Teslas they can make now with no inventory and long wait times Even Elon doesn't agree with it. I certainly don't need a handout. Do people need a handout because they want that Performance trim so they can drive a couple tenths of a mile faster when the light turns green? Some things need repair and improvement but giving out free money so a person who can afford a Tesla can now get the Performance trim for free is ludicrous. See what I did with that pun?
Subsidizing American Owned/Made to keep it competitive with Foreign Owned/American made (Honda, VW etc).

In all honesty, none of it should be subsidized with rules applied. If they want to encourage adoption of EV, make it universal and unlimited to all types, trims, models and manufacturers. If you buy it, you get the credit.

Reactions: proximanova