Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did the blind spot monitoring just got worse

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine in my model y has gotten much worse. Especially with trucks in the right lanes. It'll often not see the truck in the right lane on a 3 lane highway while I'm in the left lane, and then think the truck is in th middle lane and freak out and do an evasive maneuver. Quite irritating. And yes I always check before I approve the AP lane change, and my mirrors are adjusted properly.

People need to stop being so reliant on the car to do everything for you. Look over your shoulder. Problem solved. You’re welcome.
1622295927690.gif

Saw this one this morning and immediately thought to post to this thread. Then decided not to.

Then I saw @RedWhite19‘s post

In response to the original question, I drive 56 miles on an interstate each day that I go into the office. I am always on Navigate On Autopilot on the interstate. In the last two weeks-ish my car has decided it wants to change lanes out of the passing lane while it's still passing tractor trailers. It gets to about even with the cab of the truck and then it puts on the turn signal, starts to change lanes, and realizes there is a truck right there and aborts. It did not used to do this. Hopefully this gets fixed soon in an update. I'm currently on 2021.4.18.