Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did the broken windows on CyberTruck cause more publicity?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the broken windows during the reveal they got broader publicity and greater free press than a standard reveal.

"There’s no such thing as bad publicity." P.T. Barnum

Seems like this may be the case where a flop reveal may be more successful and reach a wider audience and way more press than a flawless presentation. A touch embarrassing, but Elon seemed to pull it off regardless.

Who actually cares that the windows are near bulletproof? A feature that is nice to have, but not really the deciding factor in anyones purchase.

They should have had a second vehicle ready to drive on stage when the first one was damaged by that stunt. It was distracting during the remainder of the reveal. When you are planning a "stunt" in the middle of the reveal, I would assume a backup at hand would be a given. I can remember something similar happened before when the frunk was stuck during another reveal... A backup vehicle would be handy in these cases.

I also put in my vote for some refinement to the body design before the final release...