Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did they make v10 UI better for Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not terrific, but it's OK.
The problem isn't that it's not perfect. The problem is that it's getting worse as far as usability. Elon is about media attention, so games in the car beats something useful, like better driver UX, or ability to control defroster from the app, or getting the UI on MCU1 back to v6 speed - not sexy, not happening.

Yeah it's not about loyalty. They kind of ruined that for me with all the BS tweets and lack of support for the older cars. I was just thinking I could get a new dual motor for a little more than what my car is worth. That would get me 100 more miles of range, AWD, one second faster to 60, a reset odometer, new warranty, and all of the new features. I would also lose things that I like better about my Model S though.

It's more about bang for the buck than loyalty. There's just no other competition out there. I'll see if I can get an overnight test drive and see if it's worth the hassle.

I have an 18 MS 75D with AP3 and MCU2 with V10 … the only UI changes I see in the IC is that lane markers are more clearly defined. Dashed, solid and even double solid lines now render with the vehicle. I also noticed that the jumpy, spinning cars are MUCH less frequent. In fact, I only saw one car shift side to side slightly while stopped. Previously, cars would spin, jump and morph constantly. AP is also much smoother in slowing down and resuming. More test driving will be necessary! :)

I would rather have my phone screen mirrored on my tesla screen more then caroke, fart machines, and video games any day of the week
But the ego can't be fed by a media frenzy with run of the mill features like that.
I totally agree, take away my fart noises, fireplace, karaoke and games if it means I can even just get a damn notification on the yellow screen my phone got a text message!

The browser is now forced to be nearly full screen only. Previously in v9 you can have it half screen or full screen, allowing you to run the browser on the bottom half and then the map on the top. I hope they fix this.

For MCU 2 you can enter the youtube app, click the change account button, then it's a browser in full screen.

I thought my MCU died after installing 32.11 and resetting but another dual button reset on the black screen and it came back second time. Hopefully it is dead so you get that under warranty

Had this exact same problem. I always do a 2-thumb scroll wheel reset after every update, and after 32.11 the screen went totally black, no audio either. I waited a few minutes and did another 2-thumb scroll wheel reset and everything went back to normal. :cool:

So I will still have to cling to V8 for as long as I can. It doesn't appear V10 (or V9, for that matter) has anything compelling for my car.
Stay. You lose app size and location control, the ever-present map significantly slows down MCU performance, your supercharging times will be doubled, and you risk losing 10-20% of your range if Tesla decides your car "is part of a test group" that reduces horsepower and range - and you get no input so if you are downgraded it's permanent and they won't reverse it.

There are no positive outcomes from upgrading and you risk massively devaluing your car on top of the expected annoyances.

Just got V10 on my 2017 AP2.5 MCU1 car and the only new thing I notice is the driving visualization where you can now see pickup trucks rendered correctly (also other things such as dashed lines etc). Smart summon isn't available in Canada..so scratch that feature out. I also don't get the video theatre to watch stuff. The only nice thing is Spotify but even that seems buggy a bit. Really hope one day they will let us upgrade the MCU.