Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did they remove the ability to make a service appointment?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn't want to wake up my car by pinging it unnecessarily. However, I did manage to check the app today and found that the first couple of times the service button gave me a connection error. On the third try service scheduling worked fine. Android phone.
Mine is gone from the app and website. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. Still nothing...

Just talked to the service department today.
1. The schedule service was removed from the website, so there's no backup. (I don't know the logic behind that).
2. The App is supposed to have schedule service, but the last release removed it for some. They don't have a root cause yet and they don't know why it affects only some, but it was not supposed to happen. It happens on both iOS and Android, but there are more complaints from iOS users.

It all appears to be fine for my 2013 S. That's why I asked about operating systems.
No app appts on iOS and Android. No web browser appts on MacOS in Safari or Chrome, and Windows in IE, Firefox, Chrome, or DuckDuckGo...

Uumm hello Tesla SW team, drop working on Mrs Pacman for the car and help out a brother....since I can't open the doors I don't need Mrs Pacman...and so another week goes by with birds chirping and nothing heard from Tesla.

DZM

Welcome to the future Tesla say, what a farce.
I had to book in one of our ICE cars for scheduled servicing yesterday, called the service department directly, turns out I could have dropped it off the next day if I wanted to but I decided next week as it suits me better. "Do you need a loan car sir?" No thanks, I'm fine.
Where I am located we are at about a 4 to 5 day turn around time to get a response from Tesla service department Emails (no other way to contact them). :(

Just talked to the service department today.
1. The schedule service was removed from the website, so there's no backup. (I don't know the logic behind that).
2. The App is supposed to have schedule service, but the last release removed it for some. They don't have a root cause yet and they don't know why it affects only some, but it was not supposed to happen. It happens on both iOS and Android, but there are more complaints from iOS users.
I wonder if this is related to Extended Warranty being removed from the website? Tesla can't remove the ability to schedule service, but they can make it a lot more difficult.

Did any of you that have it missing actually call support and see what they say? Still have it on my phone.

It seriously could be something they aren’t aware of since I don’t think I’ve seen anyone say they actually called. One person talked to mobile service....

Did any of you that have it missing actually call support and see what they say? Still have it on my phone.

It seriously could be something they aren’t aware of since I don’t think I’ve seen anyone say they actually called. One person talked to mobile service....
I emailed local service. They said they could not see my ESA and they couldn’t help with the account and app problems - contact main customer service. I have emailed them twice and submitted a web form. No answer to any of it.

I sent local service a copy of my ESA invoice last night and asked if that was enough for them to work on the car. No answer yet.

And, we were close to buying an X for my wife. I told the salesman that wasn’t going to happen until the service problem is fixed and the ESA “returned”. I suggested he pass my message up the line. No answer from him either.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreenT
No app appts on iOS and Android. No web browser appts on MacOS in Safari or Chrome, and Windows in IE, Firefox, Chrome, or DuckDuckGo...
Yes, they removed it from the website on purpose. It was not supposed to be removed from the App. They are working on it but they don't know the root cause other than that the latest update removed it randomly from some phones. (According to the Service Centre).

And, we were close to buying an X for my wife. I told the salesman that wasn’t going to happen until the service problem is fixed and the ESA “returned”. I suggested he pass my message up the line. No answer from him either.
Unfortunately the front end staff are probably well aware the wheels have fallen off 'up the line' but there is little they can do.

How are people who are missing the option in the app and website scheduling service appointments? Can you still get through to the local service centers or do you need to pay them a visit?
I called the toll free number and followed the prompts to schedule service and it told me to use the app:oops:

How are people who are missing the option in the app and website scheduling service appointments? Can you still get through to the local service centers or do you need to pay them a visit?
I called the toll free number and followed the prompts to schedule service and it told me to use the app:oops:
Don't follow the prompts, just press 1 to speak to someone.

• Love
Reactions: David.85D