Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did they run out of MSM paint?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Non-owner, pre-ordered online before reveal, invite 3/22, conf 4/1, MSM/18/EAP, still no VIN. Disappointed to see people who acted on all accounts after me getting their cars rapidly delivered. A bit of me understands the WA push, but the value of my trade-in decreases by approx. $10-15/day which I'm sure is true with a lot of people waiting. I can't wait for this car, but the background data indications definitely make me feel like my business is second class even though I'm paying the same as everyone else.

Yeah not only is your business second class but you're giving Tesla another short(ish) term 0% interest loan to sell cars to people who ordered after you lol.

• Disagree
Reactions: shrspeedblade
Non-owner, pre-ordered online before reveal, invite 3/22, conf 4/1, MSM/18/EAP, still no VIN. Disappointed to see people who acted on all accounts after me getting their cars rapidly delivered. A bit of me understands the WA push, but the value of my trade-in decreases by approx. $10-15/day which I'm sure is true with a lot of people waiting. I can't wait for this car, but the background data indications definitely make me feel like my business is second class even though I'm paying the same as everyone else.
I want to believe this assumption about the WA push, but I've been tracking the VINs reported in the last two weeks and not one was reported for Sport wheels from WA. I saw so many WA orders placed after me with Aero wheels getting VINs and deliveries scheduled. Which makes me doubt if there is any merit to this WA rebate argument [even though I really believed it to be true when I first saw in these forums].
I waited in line for more than an hour to put the reservation in and now I see folks who reserved and ordered sitting at home taking delivery in like 2-3 weeks - just really frustrating to see if Tesla really cares about any of this, may be it's just a marketing ploy. Their front line customer service folks have no clue about this except to say, "you still have 3 more weeks left in your estimate".

I want to believe this assumption about the WA push, but I've been tracking the VINs reported in the last two weeks and not one was reported for Sport wheels from WA. I saw so many WA orders placed after me with Aero wheels getting VINs and deliveries scheduled. Which makes me doubt if there is any merit to this WA rebate argument [even though I really believed it to be true when I first saw in these forums].
I waited in line for more than an hour to put the reservation in and now I see folks who reserved and ordered sitting at home taking delivery in like 2-3 weeks - just really frustrating to see if Tesla really cares about any of this, may be it's just a marketing ploy. Their front line customer service folks have no clue about this except to say, "you still have 3 more weeks left in your estimate".

Oh whoops, I missed your 19 inch spec. Yeah, that seems really off then. I think it's odd that they aren't extremely transparent about the order of deliveries given how much info everyone is sharing and tracking on them. I truly hate to call their statements lies (even though that's what they sometimes seem to be.) I would be much more docile with the situation if they came out and made periodic statements about the prioritization of deliveries based on strategic company needs. That would also allow them to be honest with people in your shoes and make it right through a discount or something in the oddball outliers where it looks like they genuinely goofed up.

Line waiter 3/22 configuration no VIN
They don’t know what they are doing
They don’t give a *sugar* and they have your money and you can’t do jack. After they pass 6 weeks they say it’s an estimate
I was very positive till last week but no more sorry Tesla how you treat your customers sucks. This must be the special gift line waiter were supposed to get.
I would gladly take my money back today and buy myself an RS3 and call it the day. Whoever buys my house can plug their tesla in the plug I put in.

• Funny
Reactions: DR61
Oh whoops, I missed your 19 inch spec. Yeah, that seems really off then. I think it's odd that they aren't extremely transparent about the order of deliveries given how much info everyone is sharing and tracking on them. I truly hate to call their statements lies (even though that's what they sometimes seem to be.) I would be much more docile with the situation if they came out and made periodic statements about the prioritization of deliveries based on strategic company needs. That would also allow them to be honest with people in your shoes and make it right through a discount or something in the oddball outliers where it looks like they genuinely goofed up.

They have barely shipped any 19in in the two weeks since aero returned.

Reactions: Asad1087