Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did we find the Ottawa Supercharger? Nope.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Navigate: 1377 Woodroffe Ave, Nepean, ON K2G 1V7, Canada

Possible supercharger site under construction in Ottawa? At College Square, Baseline and Woodroffe, there's one small fenced area with many heavy cables coming out of the ground, and then across a newly-paved lot, there's a large fenced area with some rows of trenching being dug. No Tesla equipment yet (just a closed shipping container and yes, a portapotty) so this may be a false alarm - what do people think? Maybe a location for a new transformer and a new building in the parking lot, but then I would expect trenches around the perimeter for footings, not a wavy trench leading to some parallel trenches...

When we see some SuC equipment on site, please rename location to
Supercharger - Ottawa ON or
Supercharger - Nepean ON

Photos found on other thread

IMG_2907.JPG
IMG_2908.JPG
IMG_2909.JPG
IMG_2910.JPG
IMG_2911.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
But then why would they be digging up the ground?
I'm still not sure if this is a supercharger site. It has some of the features - many power cables coming together at one location plus an area of a parking lot nearby with trenches being dug, but on the other hand, it just looks different from other supercharger sites. There are no conduits, all the cables come out of one hole and the trenched area just seems too big to be a supercharger place. Also, the location of the digging seems awfully close to the Loblaws and as Doug points out, it's right where they have a garden centre every spring. Maybe they are just putting in some new raised curbs to rearrange the parking, and the trenches are for power to the light posts.

If Tesla equipment shows up, we'll know, but otherwise it's still a mystery. I may drop by and chat with the crew...

Seems a bit weird that they'd be digging up that whole area for the Superchargers, unless having to run the power and have spots for the cabinets and transformer means that it's easier to dig it all up, run the conduit and cables and then pave over.

But it also seems quite late to begin construction on any significant structure.

Last edited:
Sorry folks, College Square is a false alarm. I stopped by today and on closer inspection, all the "cables" coming out of the ground in that small fenced area are actually water pipes. I had a brief chat with a construction guy and he said they are doing "improvements to the parking lot". I think the water pipes are for all the plants in the garden centre that goes in that part of the parking lot in the summer. We'll keep watching and hoping for an Ottawa supercharger.

Rideau centre is better than nothing but is a very poor location in general.

It is away from the major highways and in a busy downtown location. The parking lot is busy and paid too. Much better to place it in suburb on the west side of Ottawa near Nepean where the highways meet.