Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did we just get a final design hint?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I personally like the look of the reveal car front end, but as mentioned above it has absolutely NO branding on it, so that leaves plenty of room for interpretation and adjustment to the final design.
Huh, what are you talking about?
tesla-model-3-design-prototype--reveal-event--march-2016_100551196_m.jpg

model-3-red-6.png

Pretty sure I see the branding.

I personally like the look of the reveal car front end, but as mentioned above it has absolutely NO branding on it, so that leaves plenty of room for interpretation and adjustment to the final design.

I also think the matte black car showing the trunk function will be closer to the real back end

What are you talking about in regards to the trunk? The months-old pictures from the matte black car at a service center shows the same exact trunk as the silver 3 from the original reveal. If there are other pictures you are referring to, could you post them?

Reactions: BluestarE3
Elon said in a tweet that "adjustments were underway" on the nose. I just hope it's not much and NOT adding the mustache. :mad:

I like the nose as is. I could live with a mustache, though. It just better not be the current version of the mustache. The mustache needs to be flush with the rest of the nose/hood of the car. On the S/X it is not and is therefore a drag on aerodynamics.

model-3-fascia-header.png

Reactions: jsrawa
Yep, Pretty sure the lights and the bumper will follow suit to the rest of the lineup. That 2nd photo is bang on the money on what I expect the finished bumper to be. Not too sure what the final production headlights will look like. But I'm sure they'll follow the current ones set out on the X and S.

Reactions: wilhelmspencer
Yep, Pretty sure the lights and the bumper will follow suit to the rest of the lineup. That 2nd photo is bang on the money on what I expect the finished bumper to be. Not too sure what the final production headlights will look like. But I'm sure they'll follow the current ones set out on the X and S.
Sorry, but no.
Elon mentioned they were tweaking the front end and that they were making edge and contour adjustments where even 0.1mm mattered.
So why in the world would they purposely add drag to the car by putting the same front end as the S and X?
It's not going to happen. Even the Tesla T is flat to reduce drag...

I honestly think they are doing everything they can for a potentially 400 mi car.

Big news! I just received a sign which I believe is even stronger than the T-shirt hint, I was making my breakfast this morning when up popped what you see below. I could not believe my eyes. I thought, this must be some sort of sign. And because of it I'm now 100% certain that the final reveal will show that the Model ≡ will have the front end mustache.

BTW, the other slice had an image of Jesus but who hasn't had that happen before?

toast.jpg

Big news! I just received a sign which I believe is even stronger than the T-shirt hint, I was making my breakfast this morning when up popped what you see below. I could not believe my eyes. I thought, this must be some sort of sign. And because of it I'm now 100% certain that the final reveal will show that the Model ≡ will have the front end mustache.

BTW, the other slice had an image of Jesus but who hasn't had that happen before?

View attachment 212862
Will "toast" also be a color option?

• Funny
Reactions: S3XY and Model 3
I like the nose as is. I could live with a mustache, though. It just better not be the current version of the mustache. The mustache needs to be flush with the rest of the nose/hood of the car. On the S/X it is not and is therefore a drag on aerodynamics.

model-3-fascia-header.png
The tricky thing about adding the "mustache" is that on the S and X, the hood lip extends down to the very edge above the "mustache". The way the hood opening on the 3 is, that won't work, so either the hood design needs to change (doubtful) or integrate the "mustache" into the front end somehow.

Sorry, but no.
Elon mentioned they were tweaking the front end and that they were making edge and contour adjustments where even 0.1mm mattered.
So why in the world would they purposely add drag to the car by putting the same front end as the S and X?
It's not going to happen. Even the Tesla T is flat to reduce drag...

I honestly think they are doing everything they can for a potentially 400 mi car.

We're about 2-3 months out before the final reveal (or at least we hope so..). I'll be honest with you, the minute I saw the prototype at the reveal, I could see the shape of the new nose across the lineup.
You can kinda tell those headlights will also receive some final adjustments before they sign off on the production model.

If they don't adjust the bumper to the family mustache they currently have, I'll wait till they do. Because you can tell it'll only be time before they all resemble the same front end. :)