Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did you Finance or pay in full?

How did you pay for your Model 3?

• Cash / in Full. No financing

Votes: 65 47.8%
  • 36 mo loan - Any amount

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • 48 mo loan - Any amount

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • 60 mo loan - Any amount

Votes: 25 18.4%
  • 72 mo loan - Any amount

Votes: 29 21.3%
  • 80 mo loan - Any amount

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • > 80 mo loan - Any amount

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mean even if you have the means to pay cash. Unless something really crazy happens to the stock market, there's a good chance that investing the money you would have used to pay for the car in full will end up neting you a greater return than the interest you paid on the loan.

I was originally thinking pay cash in full (which is why I haven't had an edit button for 6 weeks) but after researching things more i'm now thinking I'm going to put 50% down and finance the rest.

I mean even if you have the means to pay cash. Unless something really crazy happens to the stock market, there's a good chance that investing the money you would have used to pay for the car in full will end up neting you a greater return than the interest you paid on the loan.

I was originally thinking pay cash in full (which is why I haven't had an edit button for 6 weeks) but after researching things more i'm now thinking I'm going to put 50% down and finance the rest.

I’d finance $10,000 for 36 months even if I could be free and clear. Credit building and maintaining.

There’s always two extremes. Overleverege and non at all.

Kudos to the latter though if you had to pick 1.

Reactions: UncaNed

Maybe for you. Last time I played in the market I lose more than I gain. Sucks to be me.

If you finance, you will have higher insurance premiums and less flexibility on how you want to insure your car, than paying in cash.

• Informative
Reactions: MXWing

This is what I did. 60% down. Financed the remaining 40%. Will try and get the loan paid off quicker than 72 months.

I've got plenty of other things to help me build credit. My key decision was whether I'd get enough in return in exchange for the hassle and lack of peace of mind of having another payment around.

Tesla kind of took that decision away from me. Gave me 48 hours notice right before me going out of town so I ended up just paying cash to make things simpler. Financed another other car I had to get later to replace my super old ones.

Reactions: ebmcs03
I got a loan because my credit mix was hurting my score - sometime it's bad to NOT have loans or credit cards. But I'm going to not only pay it off sooner, but I just found out my loan was sold to Wells Fargo (BOO HISS) so I'm going to go to the credit union to see what I can get. When I took out the loan, Tesla had the best rate for me.

Reactions: JPUConn