Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did you guys see the new Roadster 2.0?

gcgp

Nov 11, 2015
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
0-60mph in 1.9 secs! (faster than the Superman coaster ride in Movieworld)
Over 1000 kms per charge! (Brisbane to Sydney without having to supercharge with some juice to spare)
Over 400 kph top speed! (no way the cops can catch you)

I want one!

I'm going to have to sell a kidney (I have a spare), part of my liver (it will grow back), and my corneas (I won't need to see as the Roadster 2.0 will drive me everywhere)!

Haxster

Apr 4, 2016
Silicon Valley
Over 1000 kms per charge! (Brisbane to Sydney without having to supercharge with some juice to spare)

I want one!

I'm going to have to sell a kidney (I have a spare), part of my liver (it will grow back), and my corneas (I won't need to see as the Roadster 2.0 will drive me everywhere)!

I'm not sure how much sense it makes for a supercar to utilize self driving. Kind of defeats the purpose...at least for driving enthusiasts.

RichardMcN

Mar 12, 2016
Sydney
Welcome to the party. There are about a dozen threads already about every aspect of the new roadster.
Probably true but @gcgp is kindly bringing it to those of us that hang out in the ANZ thread !

We need to campaign for reinstatement of the derestricted speed zones in the NT (not that there are many police around) !
20170824_171531.jpg

Attica04

Jan 16, 2017
Brisbane Australia
An acquaintance of mine said that EV's are only viable if they can match the 1000 km range of a VW Golf diesel. Well now they do he change it to oh but they need to do 1,200km and change in 5 minutes. I laughed and said I don't know a standard car that can do 1,200km on a tank. I also said you need a potty break even in a petrol car.

Reactions: RichardMcN

deonb

Mar 4, 2013
Redmond, WA
We need to campaign for reinstatement of the derestricted speed zones in the NT (not that there are many police around) !

Even if there are police around... what exactly are they going to be able to do about it...?

You'll be able to outrun pretty much every police helicopter!

RichardMcN

Mar 12, 2016
Sydney
Even if there are police around... what exactly are they going to be able to do about it...?

You'll be able to outrun pretty much every police helicopter!
Hmmmm. How far do you think the Roadster II can go at 400km/h?

Wind resistance goes as the square of speed so maybe less than 100km range at 400km/h !

MOBI63

Oct 3, 2016
Brisbane
The big question is what format does the 200 kWh take?
Can the X or S be retrofitted with this battery ?
The battery could be the same that is in the THE SEMI.
Interesting times ahead.

RichardMcN

Mar 12, 2016
Sydney
The big question is what format does the 200 kWh take?
Can the X or S be retrofitted with this battery ?
The battery could be the same that is in the THE SEMI.
Interesting times ahead.
Now that's a good question! Getting Tessie a 200kW battery when her "90" (actually 81) wears down in a few years!

ICUDoc

May 19, 2015
Sydney NSW
I have loved two things about the Roadster
One is the crazy over the top specs combined with its fabulous body shape.
The second is the new (mostly positive ) buzz it has created about Teslas and EVs. Has been a really nice bunch of posts and feel about the forums...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC