Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did you make a mistake with installing rear mud flaps? I did it until seller send me the instruction.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Correct area to install rear mud flaps.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: WhiteWi
First time hearing that. Pretty sure you are not correct. Tesla puts ppf in that area to protect the pain not a mud flop. (In cold regions)
well for those of us who read the installation guidelines you would know they go on the front lol.

the mud flaps prevent rocks sand salt etc from being launched and chipping the paint in the area highlighted in yellow. the PPF also helps

But in the installation guild it clearly shows and tells you to install the mud flaps in the front.

• Funny
well for those of us who read the installation guidelines you would know they go on the front lol.

the mud flaps prevent rocks sand salt etc from being launched and chipping the paint in the area highlighted in yellow. the PPF also helps

But in the installation guild it clearly shows and tells you to install the mud flaps in the front.
You lost me. Oh well

By law, if your car throws up gravel behind it and that damages another car, you're responsible. :rolleyes:
your thinking about if you are hauling gravel. Insurance company's cant go after the car that flings rocks gravel salt rock etc unless they are hauling it. unless you can prove they intentionally did it.

Tesla installs only front mud flops correct. After market fixed that with rear mud flops just like you see in pic. I don’t understand what are we discussing?
the whole point in this thread not sure if you read the main post(just like reading the installation guidelines on the mud flaps) we are talking about people installing the mudflaps incorrectly by installing them in the back wheels

the whole point in this thread not sure if you read the main post(just like reading the installation guidelines on the mud flaps) we are talking about people installing the mudflaps incorrectly by installing them in the back wheels
I really don’t think many people are making the mistake of putting the Tesla flaps on the back. Pretty sure mostly everyone knows that you need aftermarket ones if you want rear flaps.

• Love
your thinking about if you are hauling gravel. Insurance company's cant go after the car that flings rocks gravel salt rock etc unless they are hauling it. unless you can prove they intentionally did it.

Finally, I understand what you mean. Thanks