TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Did you see the Tesla Model S in the Cadillac Commercial?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Axtrader, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Axtrader

Axtrader Member

• Funny x 4
    • Like x 2
  2. Sandollars

Sandollars I bleed Cardinal

Flattering.

• Like x 1
  3. D3xDt3Reaction

4. BigTonyTones

BigTonyTones Member

I wonder how the legal department let that handsfree driving part get through. Looks like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

"But the commercial showed I can drive without my hands"

5. Mobius484

Mobius484 Supporting Member

After putting 33000 miles on my 90DS, it’s Like all car commercials i see now.... they seem kinda sad and pathetic....

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  6. IchDochNicht

IchDochNicht Member

Rumors have it that supercruise is actually pretty good.

But the rest of the car? Not something I would be interested in.

7. Kandiru

Kandiru Member

See, we are also like Tesla.

Same usual GM crap, eco-ignorant hand to mouth rednecks with money love them.

• Funny x 1
  8. MrAustraliaTax

SuperCruise IS designed for completely hands-free driving in specific, previously mapped, geofenced areas (highways).

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 2
  9. M109Rider

M109Rider Member

SuperCruise is pretty good, however it only works on highways programmed in to the software I believe.
    In other words, it won’t work on any roads not programmed in. That’s a lot of roads.

It also uses the eyes as it’s measure to ensure your paying attention.
    Tesla uses hands on the wheel as it’s measure.
    Eyes on the road, would be safer than hands on the wheel with present technology I suspect.
    Not as fun, but safer ...

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  10. Wnuk

Wnuk Member

Laughable, but I think having the Tesla there was done on purpose to try to illustrate Cadillac pulling ahead of Tesla's autopilot.

11. Lasttoy

Lasttoy Member

The guy is opening a drink and drinking it. Fool, not paying attention. And NO other car on the video?

12. The Duke

The Duke Member

SuperCruise is great when it works. But their monitoring system has people putting their iPads on the dash to watch movies. Fools the system completely. No better or worse than Tesla's system.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  13. M109Rider

M109Rider Member

Didn’t think of that.
    I guess if you want to die, you can cheat either system.
    (Then wait for the media to blame the Mfg )

• Like x 2
  14. Hugh Mannity

Hugh Mannity Mediocre Member

The car in the left side looks like a Nissan. Do they have some type of autopilot system too?

15. Axtrader

Axtrader Member

Looks like it could be the Nissan Rogue on the left with their version called ProPilot.

16. eye.surgeon

eye.surgeon Active Member

#16 eye.surgeon, Jun 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    GM was making EV's a decade before Tesla was even formed. Have you driven Cadillac Super Cruise? It's better in many ways than autopilot, & GMs current EVs are excellent.

I believe Tesla's mission is to encourage widespread adoption of EVs, not to form a self-congratulatory circle of back-slapping Tesla owners.

• Like x 5
    • Funny x 3
  17. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I had a Cadillac CTS before my Model S and quite liked it. In fact, I had my heart set on an ELR but was disappointing with the range (essentially a Volt drivetrain) which wouldn't have let me do my commute all electrically, and so went with the Tesla. But the Caddy was a fine car and I'd buy another in a heartbeat if they ever go electric.

18. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Yes, it's a Nissan. The advert's saying that it's a better system.

Super Cruise indeed seems to be a capable system, but it apparently requires high-definition mapping so it can only be used in limited areas.

19. McRat

McRat Well-Known Member

It outhandles a Model S pretty easy on a tight course. The CT6 handles great on a closed course, and better on public roads. You cannot reach it's limits on public roads without risking your license. Yeah. the ATS-V and CTS-V cut quicker laps, but they are not as big and comfy as the CT6.

The engine performance is OK at 404HP, not extraordinary, but very smooth. Mid [email protected], brakes in 106 feet from 60mph. The CT6 3.0TT grows legs at about 75mph. It is smooth as silk at 125mph when passing uphill.

If you want long range thermal imaging, HUD, massage/AC/Heat front 20-way seats, reclining rear massage/AC/heat seats with dual HDTVs and 270° privacy curtains and separate sunroof for backseat, wireless Bose headphones with remote DVD player, 34 speaker surround sound, all wheel steering, bird's eye view, digital 180° rearview mirror, AEB that really works, video driving recorder, seat vibrator for danger warning, mirror blind spot icons, etc, then the Cadillac is for you.

If you like a car with less tech, then Tesla is much simpler. Simple is good. And who sits in the back seat anyways, or has tight parking spot?

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
  20. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

Interesting.. All the Cadillac owners I knew growing up are dead or almost there.... that guy looked too young to be in a Caddy. He must have cataracts or something, because most other drivers slow down to look at the Tesla, at least thats my experience here in NOVA.

My mother in law bought Caddy her whole life until I showed her a Lexus, now at 82, she is driving an LS and not getting abused for $1400 per quarter when the dealer saw her struggling into the service bay -- F>>>>ing B>>>>ds where taking advantage of the old lady.... she loves my Tesla, but struggles to get into it.... the X would have been a better choice over the S for her as a passenger. If Tesla had made swivel seats in the back, my wife would have pushed for that so her mom get ingress / egress better..

Damn that Tesla looked nice in the fast lane!!! I can't wait for a used P100D around $80K...

• Like x 1