Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did you upgrade to FSD for $2k?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are they going to lower the price later before delivering what was promised or will it increase to $4k?

I've been asking myself this same question. I purchased EAP for 5.5K after a trial thinking it would go up to 7K after that. Now I could have got FSD for 5K. I would love for them to just give EAP people FSD for free but that not really fair for all who purchased FSD up front for 8K.

In the end, I've loved using EAP for the last few months and don't regret purchasing it. I will probably end up getting FSD but I'm going to wait a few weeks to see if all the flack Tesla is getting from people that are truly upset changes anything.

I’m considering paying for the $2K just to get the new hardware. While Tesla says that the new hardware is not necessary for existing EAP functions and safety functions that depend on AP hardware, it should help.

Kind of wish they actually said that the new HW3 is one of the features listed. We’ve heard about it as being needed for FSD but still would like to see it listed as things change.

Reactions: CTreast
I might. But right now there is literally no harm in waiting unless Tesla adds an expiration date to the offer.

Same here. Especially now that there is no more "buy now or it will be more expensive later" narrative. I'll wait for when the features are actually available and probably after a few iterations of bug fixes.

I'm also curious what other byproduct improvements HW3 will bring. One rumor I heard is that it will allow cameras to record at their original resolution and fps unlike how it's done now for Teslacam and Sentry.

Reactions: wenkan
No interest in FSD. I have EAP and it’s all I need for road trips. By the time I purchase another Tesla, FSD will be perfected and I will no longer pay for a technology before its been rolled out and tested by those of you that prefer to be first.