Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did You Upgrade Your Model S during the Waiting Period?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suppose you can say I upgraded since I got a lot more on the loaner I got as opposed to what I ordered. I was happy to get all the extra stuff and had already convinced myself to move from an S to a P before I hit the Order button the first time. Probably a good thing I got it now because if I had waited I might have gone in to full + hysteria like so many others here! Not that that would have been a bad thing but I'm happy with what I got!

I suppose you can say I upgraded since I got a lot more on the loaner I got as opposed to what I ordered. I was happy to get all the extra stuff and had already convinced myself to move from an S to a P before I hit the Order button the first time. Probably a good thing I got it now because if I had waited I might have gone in to full + hysteria like so many others here! Not that that would have been a bad thing but I'm happy with what I got!

YES YOU DID! Congrats and you're going to love it.

Last edited:
You could say that I upgraded twice...

We originally ordered the S85 for my wife. Confirmed our order and config to the way she wanted, while on the website after confirmation, she saw the CPO Roadsters... and ended up with Roadster #40 during the "waiting" period, and I ended up with an S85 (picking up early next month) for me... After purchasing the Roadster and waiting for delivery, I swapped body color roof for the Pano Roof... just got confirmation yesterday that we "made it on time" as I already had a delivery date scheduled.

After reading all of the posts from Regular S to P to P+, it took me a week to go from Regular S to P+. I placed my online deposit a Regular S on Monday, 10/7 and for that full week, agonized what to do....to P or not to P....to P+ or not to P+. Yesterday, Monday, 10/14, I reconfigured my order and went for it....P+ with 21" Black Cyclone, Tech, Super Charger, Fog Lamps, Air Suspension, Pano, Carbon Fiber, leather and parking sensors. So the week costed me an additional $30K... :scared:.

Anyway, I can't wait for my car.

This forum has been a great resource for information and hope to be a contributor to the forum instead of a consumer of the info.

After reading all of the posts from Regular S to P to P+, it took me a week to go from Regular S to P+. I placed my online deposit a Regular S on Monday, 10/7 and for that full week, agonized what to do....to P or not to P....to P+ or not to P+. Yesterday, Monday, 10/14, I reconfigured my order and went for it....P+ with 21" Black Cyclone, Tech, Super Charger, Fog Lamps, Air Suspension, Pano, Carbon Fiber, leather and parking sensors. So the week costed me an additional $30K... :scared:.

This forum has been a great resource for information and hope to be a contributor to the forum instead of a consumer of the info.

Hey! Congratulations! No doubt you will love it.

WOW--Awesome!!! That is one move you will be thankful for when it arrives!

HUGE CONGRATS!!!

Thanks for the love!! It feels nice and cozy in here!!:love:

One thing that I noticed in this forum, everyone pulls for everyone and there doesn't seem to be the attitude that can be found on other forums. Thanks again for making me feel welcome.

Thanks for the love!! It feels nice and cozy in here!!:love:

One thing that I noticed in this forum, everyone pulls for everyone and there doesn't seem to be the attitude that can be found on other forums. Thanks again for making me feel welcome.

Congrats on the upgrade 808! You won't regret it. Upgrading to the "P" was the best move I've made since ordering the Model S in the first place. I know now I would have had regrets if I'd kept the original S60 I ordered. I think was just trying to cut costs... Really glad I found this forum BEFORE I took delivery. You guys helped me see the light.

Congrats on the upgrade 808! You won't regret it. Upgrading to the "P" was the best move I've made since ordering the Model S in the first place. I know now I would have had regrets if I'd kept the original S60 I ordered. I think was just trying to cut costs... Really glad I found this forum BEFORE I took delivery. You guys helped me see the light.

We should talk about P+, there still may be time! ;)