Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did your FSD beta ever hit the curb during a right turn?

Did your FSD beta ever hit the curb during a right turn?

• Yes. More than once AND/OR it caused damage. E.g tire/rim/alignment/suspension.

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Yes. One time AND no damage.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • No. Often get uncomfortably close.

Votes: 25 40.3%
  • No. Rarely get uncomfortable close.

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • No. Never worried about it.

Votes: 5 8.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to learn about the part of the experience as of 06/2021.(10.12.2)
I always watch carefully - the window that opens up at turns showing the side camera view is very useful.

Since the first release 8 months ago there have been a lot of adjustments made
- First FSD would go very close to the curb (hit the curb in some videos).
- They changed to move away from the curb. This resulted in wide turns and the car crossing the center line.
- Then the changed so that the car would try to go a little to the left before taking the turn to get better at turning to the middle of the lane. Obviously this was also not safe
- Then they made changes so that the turn is somewhat smooth and still away from the curb and the center line. Works best when the curb is rounded. Thankfully most of the curbs we have are rounded / curved.

• Informative
Reactions: Sigma4Life
I feel this is one of those accident scenarios that we drivers can't timely take over when it's about to happen. It is particularly annoying for me.

Yeah this is a situation where you can't be too reactive. If in doubt, disengage. I tend to get more issues on left turns (cutting close to a median strip) or small rotaries (driving too close to the inner circle curb). But on occasion, I've disengaged a right turn too.

Basically if the car cuts a corner closer than I would, I tend to disengage proactively. I've never curbed a wheel while driving manually. I know others can't necessarily say the same, so this technique might not be good advice.

Reactions: tiberia.sun@gm
You're being just as disingenuous. Nowhere near 100k people with FSD even know the poll exists.
No, I'm not being disingenuous. All you can conclude for this extremely unscientific poll is four people said that they have hit a curb. You can't even say that 10% of people who read the poll have hit a curb. It may be more. It may be less.

No, I'm not being disingenuous. All you can conclude for this extremely unscientific poll is four people said that they have hit a curb. You can't even say that 10% of people who read the poll have hit a curb. It may be more. It may be less.
True but polls are from a sample size and have a statistical error rate based on the number/percentage of the relevant people polled.

True but polls are from a sample size and have a statistical error rate based on the number/percentage of the relevant people polled.
You cannot make valid inferences regarding all FSD owners based on an extremely small self-selected internet forum poll. You have no information regarding who the responders are, how long they have had FSD, how many miles per week they drive with it, where they drive with it, etc.

It's garbage data and meaningless and you can draw no conclusions other than there are some people who claim that FSD beta has curbed a wheel.

Reactions: Sigma4Life