Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did your SR+ get rear seat heaters?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: willow_hiller
Someone mentioned in another thread that Tesla pushed an update for SR+ owners to have rear seat heaters.

I have yet to see that happen with my car. I have no software updates waiting and the only upgrade available for me is FSD. No rear seat heaters. Has anyone gotten this?

When I took delivery of my Model 3 in August, I had read heated seats. They also showed on the app. They were removed in the next update that I got. I even asked about them because I didn't they they were included. They didn't know either.

Just went ahead and purchased them... app said it could take up to a few hours... I’ve been sick & it’s midnight here so I’m not going to bother checking until next time I’m in the car... but thought I should get it now I’m case the price gets bumped at some point...

Edit: plus I mean I did ask Elon for this, guess I should follow through and buy it :p Now if someone could just get him to comment on a CCS adapter...

Yep it’s there for purchase, 300.00 for something I don’t need, what I do need is my 6 other speakers to be turned on, mine are all there. March 2019 build.

Fred

It’s just not possible with a software update. They’re there in all cars, but the wire harness isn’t. Musk had previously commented that wires are one thing that’s extremely difficult to automate or handle with robotics. I suspect that’s why it wasn’t included on all cars. If it requires human hands than it’s a real cost that can be cut.

• Disagree
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Someone mentioned in another thread that Tesla pushed an update for SR+ owners to have rear seat heaters.

I have yet to see that happen with my car. I have no software updates waiting and the only upgrade available for me is FSD. No rear seat heaters. Has anyone gotten this?

What people are talking about on other threads is SR+ owners now have the ability to activate the rear seat heaters for US $300, which you can order through the Tesla application, but that might require an update to the Tesla application on your phone.

Whether its worthwhile presumably depends on how cold your winters are and how often you have someone in one of the rear seats.