Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Die cast Tesla Semi for sale now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was there any indication on the packaging what company made it (example - AutoArt, TSM, etc) ?
Not that I could find. I've attached photos of the packaging and bottom of the semi.

Attachments

• tesla-semi-1.jpg
    tesla-semi-1.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 90
  • tesla-semi-2.jpg
    tesla-semi-2.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 78
  • tesla-semi-3.jpg
    tesla-semi-3.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 65
  • tesla-semi-4.jpg
    tesla-semi-4.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 70
  • tesla-semi-5.jpg
    tesla-semi-5.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 79
  • tesla-semi-6.jpg
    tesla-semi-6.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 73
  • tesla-semi-7.jpg
    tesla-semi-7.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 72
  • tesla-semi-7.jpg
    tesla-semi-7.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 70
Also, out of curiosity, what is the significance of the company who actually made it? I also own the P85 diecast, but never gave thought to what company made these for Tesla.

It's just the level of detail. I have several die casts for the Acura NSX and AutoArt has a lot more details with respect to engine, suspension and interior when compared to Maisto as an example. Also TSM and Top Speed makes highly detailed models made of resin, but no opening doors, hoods, etc. Since the cost of the Tesla models was high, I was just wondering if it was being made by one of the premium scale model brands.

I agree. I was a little disappointed that the semi had a smaller scale than the other diecasts. I assume it was a price thing, if they wanted to keep them all $250. Here's a side-by-side comparison.

Ya 1:18 scale isnt too far off from the 1:25 though. Unless you have the same vehicle side by side. Excellent add to the collection. need to track down one of the original roadsters

It's just the level of detail. I have several die casts for the Acura NSX and AutoArt has a lot more details with respect to engine, suspension and interior when compared to Maisto as an example. Also TSM and Top Speed makes highly detailed models made of resin, but no opening doors, hoods, etc. Since the cost of the Tesla models was high, I was just wondering if it was being made by one of the premium scale model brands.
Good information, thanks. Tesla likely wouldn't ever give hint to who makes their diecasts. They are high quality though.

The cars all have opening frunks, trunks, and doors. The semi frunk doesn't open though, which IMO is a step backwards, because I imagine that most people buying the semi diecast either 1) Already own other Tesla diecasts, and this adds to their collection, or 2) Have ordered a real Semi.

Overall, I think they cut corners on this diecast to keep it the same price as the others with the margins they wanted. Scale being the first indication.

Ya 1:18 scale isnt too far off from the 1:25 though. Unless you have the same vehicle side by side. Excellent add to the collection. need to track down one of the original roadsters
Would love to have one of those original Roadster diecasts, but I don't think they ever released them for sale. I've only ever seen the photos of them.