Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Diecast Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A diecast 1:18 scale Tesla Model Y (Performance) is now available from the Tesla online store. The colors are Red (exterior)/White (interior), Blue/Black. White/White. Price is $195 US.

Diecast 1:18 Scale Model Y
Dang, that is really cool, thanks for sharing link.

*Edit: forget it, they didn't get the front end right ;)

1699475672674.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
$2 was a good buy. The one I got on Amazon cost almost as much as a real Model Y. I have the Hot Wheels and the Matchbox versions of the 2023 white Y. Now that a 1:18 is available, and isn't the $250 they used to be, do I?

*Edit: forget it, they didn't get the front end right

What didn't they get right? Besides that the real car has only one access port on the driver's side, what are you seeing in the model that is not like a real Y?

Last edited:
Reactions: Skavatar
Upvote 0
There is an Amazon seller offering a diecast Tesla Model Y (1:24 scale) for ~$32, just saying.
Yes. I have that one. It's actually a fairly nice model, but there are a few things about it that makes it not really in competition with this new 1:18 version for me:
-It's not 1:18 scale (I don't have a preference, just pointing it out)
-It's not official (not a big deal since the "T" logo it has is close enough)
-The red brake calipers are attached to the wheels so they spin around with the wheels. The other stuff is fine, but this bothered me. I'd almost rather it not have the caliper detail than making it spin around the wheel like reflectors on a bike.

Anyway, these models are for shiznits and giggles. $200 is nothing for the average Tesla owner, amirite??

Upvote 0
I’m sure this has been asked a few times since the release of the model Y but is there a diecast of the car? I know Tessa doesn’t make one but maybe there’s a third-party out there that does that somebody knows of would love to have a miniature version of my car.
Maybe you already figured it out but there are red, white, and gray little ones and a bunch of larger ones of all colors on Amazon.

Upvote 0
Well, I got the 1:18 mini-me of my car from Tesla. It's exactly as the online pictures shows, so unfortunately some of the missing/incorrect details are there on the actual product. Overall I'm pretty happy with it though, as it is very nicely detailed and looks good.

The missing/incorrect details as far as I could tell are:
-No rear window defrost lines. I'm pretty sure just about all 1:18 scale diecast cars in this price category have those, so not awesome to have it missing. Hell, I actually have some 1:64 cars that have it. I guess you just pretend that the rear window is so dark you can't see any lines.
-Missing "Dual Motor" emblem in the back. They weirdly skip this for the other cars too.
-Extra tow hook cover on front bumper. I wonder if they confused it with USS???
-No USS detail but the front doors cards doesn't have the latest trim styling, so kind of inconsistent with the real production cars, since I don't think this combination exists. (I have an unofficial 1:24 Model Y that DOES have USS detail, so it's not a case of USS detail being so small that it should just be skipped)
-No Matrix headlights. At least I don't see the round light at the outer edge.
-Center screen is entirely map. Unless one of the pre-V10 UI allowed the entire screen to be map.

I probably missed other details, but whatever.

Anyway, if you're into model cars, I think it is a pretty good representation of the Model Y Performance despite the missing/incorrect details. I'm just glad they finally made one for the Model Y.

Real MYP:
IMG_9863.jpeg

Mini-me MYP:
IMG_2500.jpeg
IMG_2499.jpeg
IMG_2501.jpeg
IMG_2505.jpeg
IMG_2503.jpeg
IMG_2509.jpeg
IMG_2506.jpeg

Upvote 0