Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Difference between Black and White Interiors.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are people from the north east on this forum ... you might get an offer! It's only very recently that the white has become a chargeable option. There has been no price difference up until now. Unfortunately you just missed the boat on that.
I’m pretty sure the White has been a chargeable option since day 1. Certainly has been for the last 6 months.

... maybe a brain fade confusion with the white paint charge introduction ...
You had me doubting myself as well haha, but that would make much more sense. White paint was paid for and now free (Black was free, now paid for). Back to the topic...
I think the seats are like marmite, some will love the white, some will hate the white. personally I didnt like them and then there was extra maintenance on top, other people i have spoken to have said the white seats were a big selling point!

Just getting ready to order the Model 3. Getting white paint but torn on the interior. I am messy and often eat in my car. Thinking the black would be the smart choice. How does the white with the black interior look? And do you find it too hot in summer?

We don't really know how hot it is in Indiana on this part of the forum (UK & Ireland) ... I'm sure it's hotter than here!!

Reactions: Joelly
I think it's great that the choice is evenly split. I do feel that Tesla don't short change you whichever way you go. For a 'peasant spec' car, the SR+ is superb.

As a contrast, if you get a Nissan LEAF with anything but the Tekna seats, they look like a 1990s Vauxhall Vectra Private Hire. My Dad's 1977 cortina had nicer seats!

• Funny
Reactions: Jez_GB and Adopado
I think it's great that the choice is evenly split. I do feel that Tesla don't short change you whichever way you go. For a 'peasant spec' car, the SR+ is superb.

As far as I am aware there's no difference between the M3 models in terms of the seats and internal finish other than that the rear seat heaters aren't functional in the SR+. If I still have the car 5 or 6 years from now the only thing I would go for is a 100kWh battery!