Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Difference between Long Range and Performance ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Performance and Long Range have the same battery, but the Performance version has iconel contactors and pyro fuses (1,760 Amps instead of 1500(?) Amps ) and the wiring to support the extra current. Performance cars have larger rear motors and inverters. The Ludicrous option (now) is just a software upgrade that can be applied to any Performance car. Other than that, the brakes as you mentioned, a spoiler and possibly some suspension tweaks.

Accurate to the best of my knowledge, but this info is hard to definitively find and there were changes with the latest Raven release.

Hi ! Is the difference is only the 2 motors, Ludicrous mode, and the brakes ? Any other difference inside ?
Thank you in advance !

It is actually only the rear motor that is different. In way over simplified terms, a Model X has two 250 HP motors. In the performance version the rear is upgraded to a 500 HP unit, twice as powerful and much heavier. Everything else is software.

• Informative
Reactions: mswlogo and GraemeS
I just got my MX 5 days ago. I happened to see a P 2 days ago and was talking to the owner. I noticed the dash top was different. It was a suede type material. I can only assume that it is done in other parts of the cabin as well.

I just got my MX 5 days ago. I happened to see a P 2 days ago and was talking to the owner. I noticed the dash top was different. It was a suede type material. I can only assume that it is done in other parts of the cabin as well.
The Model S and X used to have alcantara on top of the dash. That changed sometime in 2017. Our 3/2017 has it. Our 12/2017 doesn't.