TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Difference Between Michelin Primacy and Pirelli Tires

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by gameboy, Aug 10, 2013.

1. gameboy

gameboy Member

Aug 3, 2013
    Utah, USA
    I'm thinking of getting a Model S with 21" Wheels and then buy the Pirelli Winter Wheel and Tire Set from the Tesla Gear store at a later time. I noticed that if you order a Model S with 19" wheels, it will come with 19" Michelin Primacy tires. Anybody know what the differences are between these two tires? If the Michelins offer 3% range increase, is there a way to get those instead of the Pirelli tires from their store? Are the Pirelli tires strictly winter tires and the Michelins are all-season tires?
  2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Mar 8, 2012
    The Pirelli tires don't have the best winter reputation among Tesla owners--they are all-season tires, just like the Michelins. I suspect the Primacy will be about the same in winter but I haven't compared them.

If I lived in Utah, I would get a set of real winter tires such as Nokian Hakkapellitta R2, Michelin X-Ice Xi3, Bridgestone Blizzak LM-32, etc.