TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Difference between PIP and PUP?

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by cbutters, Sep 25, 2017.

1. cbutters

cbutters Member

I ordered an inventory car that lists all black interior with black leather seats, Smart Air, Subzero weather, and a 4500 "Premium Interior Package", which I assumed was the "Premium Upgrade Package", but now I see that other inventory cars list "Premium Upgrade Package" not "Premium Interior Package"

Anybody know the difference between these two? I'm hoping my "PIP" car has the HEPA and self presenting front door and motorized tailgate. but I can't find any definitive answer on what the PIP actually includes.

Thanks if anyone has some insight.

2. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

#2 boaterva, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    The 'Premium' seats is the new language for what was the Leather seats. The Black/White/Cream seats are now UltraLeather and are listed as Premium Interior. On my design studio listing and MVPA, it's only as 'Cream $3000' which I guess you could say could be confusing... :D

PUP is the Premium Upgrade Package (options (Cold, Stereo, Biodefense, etc.)). Premium Interior is the 'vegan leather' (Tesla never calls it that), and doesn't include anything else. I've never seen the term PIP, and let's not start using it. :D

Edit: I see you had a leather inventory car..... that had to be the charge for the leather seats, then.... my definitions was for after July, when no more leather was available for customer orders!

upload_2017-9-25_19-56-56.png

• Like x 1
  3. cbutters

cbutters Member

Thanks for the response... I'm realizing that the guy who wrote up my invoice must have had a brain fart when he entered "Premium Interior Package" for 4,500... On a different piece of paperwork I found it listed as "Premium Upgrade Package" for 4,500 on the main tesla breakdown of car characteristics.... So yes, I will have PUP with a PIP Black Leather upgrade. :)

4. boaterva

Lol, glad you got it sorted out! Last thing we need is another acronym! :D

5. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

Damn, that title is misleading. I was getting hopeful that Tesla had implemented PIP (Picture-in-Picture) for the big front console.

6. boaterva

Now that would be interesting. A new feature on the S and X. Not two large windows but a large one and a little teeny one. :D

Weird thing is that there is now another thread with *this* PIP showing up. Wonder if some salesperson is confused?