TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Difference between pre and post P50900 21" Turbine wheels?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by HX_Guy, Dec 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Member

I'm looking to pick up a set of 21" Tesla turbine wheels and I notice at the Tesla shop online that it lists two model numbers, one for pre VIN P50900 and one for post VIN P50900. Anyone know the difference? Thanks.

VIN < P50900: 1019311-00-C
    VIN > P50900: 1053755-00-B

2. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

Just a wild ass guess, but that could be when they cut over to the new TPMS modules, and if you're ordering a wheel+tires+TPMS set, that's how they know. I'm not aware of any specific differences in the actual wheels, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

3. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Member

Thanks for the quick reply.

Speaking of which, do the TPMS sensors from the 19" wheels work on the 21" wheels? I should be able to just swap them on?

4. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

I would just buy a second set of TPMS sensors and not bother with swapping them out, that is, if you have two sets of rims+tires.

5. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Member

That was my initial thought as well but didn't see the sensors on Teslas website - what's the best way to go about getting a set?

6. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

#6 HankLloydRight, Dec 17, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    Hmm don't know... Probably your service center has them.

7. artsci

artsci Sponsor

That's right -- I got a 2nd set from the Rockville Service Center.