Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Differences between Dec 2014 and current model s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla replied to a German customer who's asked the Engineering Team about that, that there is NO LTE hardware in his car. False alarm.

(And, even worse: no automatic, self-closing charge port will be in the European cars for longer, if ever. The thing is not retro-fittable either. When does this company learn to ... well, say it as it is: Shut up with promises you can't fulfill!)

(And, even worse: no automatic, self-closing charge port will be in the European cars for longer, if ever. The thing is not retro-fittable either. When does this company learn to ... well, say it as it is: Shut up with promises you can't fulfill!)

Wow, really? What's the logic behind this? Is there some sort of strange EU regulation (I know Switzerland isn't in the EU, but you're grouped in with them, in this context) that prevents them from doing so?

They just haven't got it done yet. Rumors go du to the bigger European Type 2 connectors, there is less/not enough room. But I do not know.

I am sure it is not an European regulation thing, but a technical aspect Tesla cannot solve (yet), but did not think of when starting to press-blahblah...