TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Differences between Dec 2014 and current model s

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by bhzmark, Mar 26, 2015.

1. bhzmark

bhzmark Active Member

When they rolled out the D's, they made lots of updates with autopilot sensors and seats rear door opening etc. Have there been any other important changes since then?

2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

No major hardware changes since then as far as I know. And Elon has stated publicly that there will be no major hardware changes in the Model S in 2015.

3. donv

donv Member

That's not quite true. Tesla said there would be "no significant changes for about a year" in early November of 2014. That would imply that there could be some changes in late 2015.

4. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I stand corrected.

5. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

The biggest change (as of now) I am aware of is the addition of the heated steering wheel to the subzero package, and the availability of next gen front seats across the lineup.

6. Mjc123

Mjc123 Member

And the latest cars supposedly have LTE vs 3G

7. bhzmark

bhzmark Active Member

But i believe that equip has been in the cars since 2013. thread is looking for equipment/hardware changes since december '14.

8. 46&2

46&2 Member

Tesla replied to a German customer who's asked the Engineering Team about that, that there is NO LTE hardware in his car. False alarm.

(And, even worse: no automatic, self-closing charge port will be in the European cars for longer, if ever. The thing is not retro-fittable either. When does this company learn to ... well, say it as it is: Shut up with promises you can't fulfill!)

9. schneiderjohn

schneiderjohn Member

Wow, really? What's the logic behind this? Is there some sort of strange EU regulation (I know Switzerland isn't in the EU, but you're grouped in with them, in this context) that prevents them from doing so?

10. 46&2

46&2 Member

They just haven't got it done yet. Rumors go du to the bigger European Type 2 connectors, there is less/not enough room. But I do not know.

I am sure it is not an European regulation thing, but a technical aspect Tesla cannot solve (yet), but did not think of when starting to press-blahblah...