Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Different Approach to Tires on my P90DL Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I am tired of spending 280 - 300 on my rear OEM tires. 3 sets in 2 years. Because of this:
IMG_3878.jpg

So I decided to go down the budget path and get these: Achilles Desert Hawk UHP All-Season Radial Tire - 285/35R22 112V --> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GOXXL30/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Screenshot at Feb 18 09-17-10.png

I live in Atlanta and it has been raining a lot. So far so good. I have had them on for a 2 weeks now. Haven't noticed an issue with ride quality or noise.

PS: Yeah like riding in suspension - Low thus the camber issue and uneven wear.

Will keep everyone posted.

Attachments

• IMG_3878.jpg
    IMG_3878.jpg
    621.3 KB · Views: 80
  • Helpful
Reactions: 365gtb4
So I am tired of spending 280 - 300 on my rear OEM tires. 3 sets in 2 years. Because of this:View attachment 378411

So I decided to go down the budget path and get these: Achilles Desert Hawk UHP All-Season Radial Tire - 285/35R22 112V --> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GOXXL30/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 378412

I live in Atlanta and it has been raining a lot. So far so good. I have had them on for a 2 weeks now. Haven't noticed an issue with ride quality or noise.

PS: Yeah like riding in suspension - Low thus the camber issue and uneven wear.

Will keep everyone posted.

I went the same route with my X90D non-Performance. I went with a cheap Chinese 'Sentry' brand from discount tire.

So far so good in near-freezing and rainy roads in Dallas. And they were only $100 at Discount tire ($150 after tax & warranty).

They have the same specs as OEM (or better), and reviews were pretty good.

• Informative
Reactions: 365gtb4 and dookie
2 bad Continental Cross Contact LX, 20" tires, (OEM) left front and right rear one an apparent sidewall puncture - on my Model X75D with only 9,000 miles so far. Not an acceptable tire failure rate; I have a few gravel driveway potholes, and only once towed a lightly loaded trailer.

Am I the only one having trouble with these tires puncturing too easily? Did you get them warranted successfully?
Has anyone found an LT (=Light Truck) type tire that will fit rear and/or front?

"LT" tires, I'm told, are supposed to be 10-ply rated. I'll gladly accept a little handling/mileage penalty for tires that last long enough to wear the treads a little.

2 bad Continental Cross Contact LX, 20" tires, (OEM) left front and right rear one an apparent sidewall puncture - on my Model X75D with only 9,000 miles so far. Not an acceptable tire failure rate; I have a few gravel driveway potholes, and only once towed a lightly loaded trailer.

Am I the only one having trouble with these tires puncturing too easily? Did you get them warranted successfully?
Has anyone found an LT (=Light Truck) type tire that will fit rear and/or front?

"LT" tires, I'm told, are supposed to be 10-ply rated. I'll gladly accept a little handling/mileage penalty for tires that last long enough to wear the treads a little.

I didn't have any problems with Crosscontact for 30-40k miles. Then replaced due to low tread depth.

Maybe your sample is just an outlier