Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Different color white on rear hatch vs rear panels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is currently at Tesla to address this paint issue. It is only evident during certain lighting and can easily be missed. I didn't even noticed it until it was pointed out to be under the exact lighting condition as indicated on my picture posted..

I suggest you give Tesla service a ring as well..
The issue, is that there is no Tesla service in the state of NM, I think Elon is still miffed because our ex governor was an idiot and didn't want the Gigafactory here. So, the service has to come from CO or TX. What they would have to do is arrange a local body shop to paint the doors.

Wtf! Did that somehow go unnoticed at delivery?
They delivered my car on a transport at 10pm on a Sunday night. I couldn't even get the screen to turn on, so I drove 8 miles with the access card to get the car home. I traced its gps, and it spent 2 weeks on that car hauler, from CA to NM. No service was done at all for 3 weeks after delivery when the service tech drove up. Had to reboot it twice to even get the computer in a state where it could update the software.

They delivered my car on a transport at 10pm on a Sunday night. I couldn't even get the screen to turn on, so I drove 8 miles with the access card to get the car home. I traced its gps, and it spent 2 weeks on that car hauler, from CA to NM. No service was done at all for 3 weeks after delivery when the service tech drove up. Had to reboot it twice to even get the computer in a state where it could update the software.

Yikes. I hope they can make it right and you can put this behind you as quickly as possible.

Reactions: Taber
Yes, my white Model Y has the same problem. I need to bring it up to Tesla still.
Same issue here on a recently delivered MYLR 2022. Service center hears this all the time and their explanation was the paint is different because some panels are metal and some are plastic. Tesla hasn't figured out how to make them the same exact shade of paint. Ours is the "multi-coat" white but service rep said it happens on all colors. We're supposed to accept this and move on. I guess this is why the wrap guys are doing such good business.

Same issue here on a recently delivered MYLR 2022. Service center hears this all the time and their explanation was the paint is different because some panels are metal and some are plastic. Tesla hasn't figured out how to make them the same exact shade of paint. Ours is the "multi-coat" white but service rep said it happens on all colors. We're supposed to accept this and move on. I guess this is why the wrap guys are doing such good business.
While there may be some discrepancy, don't buy that explanation if there is a very noticeable difference. I had this issue with the rear bumper only on my 2018 M3. The front bumper was perfectly matched so the "it's plastic" reason is BS. I was eventually rear-ended which ended up with a body shop painting a new bumper cover. Guess what? The new one matches perfectly.

Reactions: Heedman