Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Different size 18" tires for aero wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I just got a killer deal on winter Nokian tires, but they didn't have my exact size, I had to settle for 235/40/18 (instead of 235/45/18). I used a tire size calculator to see the difference, and although it's not perfect, looks like it'll be OK. Sidewall is 0.5" smaller due to the smaller tire size. What do you guys think? Should I try to flip them over or keep them for my aero wheels?

Hello,

I just got a killer deal on winter Nokian tires, but they didn't have my exact size, I had to settle for 235/40/18 (instead of 235/45/18). I used a tire size calculator to see the difference, and although it's not perfect, looks like it'll be OK. Sidewall is 0.5" smaller due to the smaller tire size. What do you guys think? Should I try to flip them over or keep them for my aero wheels?

Do they have an XL load rating (98)? Your speedomerer and odometer will read high, but there may be a way to adjust that. You will also lose some ride height, not ideal for winter. Are they Nokian WR G4 or pure winter tires?