TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Different status update messages?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by modelx007, Dec 23, 2015.

1. modelx007

modelx007 Member

What are the different status updates that are posted on model s under my tesla page?

I have the first one that says your model s has entered the production queue at our factory...

What's the next one? In production?

2. BertL

BertL Active Member

Likely "in transit" or "production complete". Mine was only in that status for a very short time as it took less than a day for Tesla to move my MS down to my SC about 450 miles away.

As you'll see in some other threads, "in production" is a very broad status that represents everything from the point after order confirmation where Tesla is determining parts and actually scheduling the physical build to begin -- to the actual construction, quality assurance, etc. to the point where your MS leaves the plant on the way to your SC. It can be "in production" a matter of days or weeks, so while I know it's hard to wait, this is the status you're most blind to actually what's going on inside Tesla. Good luck on the wait!!!

3. modelx007

modelx007 Member

Thanks.

4. RedSoxFan18

RedSoxFan18 Member

I think the progression is something like:

1) We have begun sourcing parts for your order
    2) Order Confirmed: Your Model S has entered the production queue at our factory in Fremont California.
    3) In Production: The Tesla Factory is building your Model S Performance
    4) Production Complete: Your Model S is in transit from the factory
    5) Production Complete: Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery

5. tstafford

tstafford Member

6. Patrick W

Patrick W Member

Here are the messages I received in the order I received them:
    Order progression

7. ArtInCT

ArtInCT Always Learning

What message do you receive when the VIN is assigned? Does that replace the reservation number?

8. Patrick W

Patrick W Member

Not sure how it works in general but in my case I was assigned an order number in an email a few minutes after I placed the order over the phone. The email included an attached PDF "Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement, Vehicle Configuration".

That was followed about 3 weeks later by another email with an updated Purchase Agreement showing both the original Order Number and the VIN.