TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Differentiating speakers

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Rbcnr, May 11, 2017.

1. Rbcnr

Rbcnr Member

My new MS is at the SC getting some little things fixed. I have the standard sound system. Got a new MS 90D loaner with a lot of bell and whistles - I think sound system sounds better. I think it's the ultra high fidelity sound system. Any way to tell for sure visually? Ie look for extra speakers somewhere, etc? Thanks

2. Rbcnr

Rbcnr Member

My new MS is at the SC getting some little things fixed. I have the standard sound system. Got a new MS 90D loaner with a lot of bell and whistles - I think the sound system sounds better. I think it's the ultra high fidelity sound system. Any way to tell for sure visually (I don't wanna ask the SC staff)? Ie look for extra speakers somewhere, etc? Thanks

3. Cricket88

Cricket88 Member

Get into the EQ settings and if there is a check mark option at the bottom center for Dolby, then it's got the high fidelity sound system

• Informative x 1
  4. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

If I remember correctly, the upgraded system has XM, so if an option for that shows up, it's upgraded. Otherwise, its standard.

5. Tam

Tam Active Member

If Model S hasn't changed its design, the subwoofer is located on right rear side corner which means you can't stuff a football or a bag there the way you can on the left rear side corner where you place your bag of adapters there.

6. Rbcnr

Rbcnr Member

All glass roof - don't think you can get xm with that? Will check for Dolby and subwoofer. Thanks!

7. Rbcnr

Rbcnr Member

Checked - it's the standard system. Took note of the settings. Thanks