Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Difficulty getting insurance quote with VIN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else had difficulty in getting insurance quote estimates with our new Tesla Model 3 VIN #s?

My insurance guy can't pull the VIN up and I am trying to explain to him it is not a Model S/X (he is asking if it is a P75D or P100D, etc).

Weird. My insurance agent (just a call center person) could see immediately that it was a Model 3 from the VIN. Told her safety features, alarm, etc so she could figure out what discounts I qualified for as well.

Ameriprise through Costco.

Has anyone else had difficulty in getting insurance quote estimates with our new Tesla Model 3 VIN #s?

My insurance guy can't pull the VIN up and I am trying to explain to him it is not a Model S/X (he is asking if it is a P75D or P100D, etc).

I have liberty mutual and the VIN wouldn't come up so they just manually put in Tesla model 3. I think they just use the price to base most of the quote.

Having the same problem with Progressive right now. I don't think their system has the AWD VINs yet. Going through it manually via their agent in chat.

My broker mentioned that both AAA and Progressive are identifying my AWD VIN as a RWD model. Progressive was able to manually adjust the value to match the AWD but AAA couldn't override the value to actually reflect the price of my car so it's a no go until they fix that (they have the best price currently). Travelers was the second best price so going with them for now.