Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Difficulty swiping trip and tire pressure cards in new driving visualisation [2020]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably a combination of being a little rushed, most engineers working on FSD Beta and holidays. Should get some bug updates in early Jan.

Not to make excuses (although that is what it is likely going to sound like) but its likely tesla had a "hard launch date" for this update, which is somewhat different than normal updates. This holiday update felt a bit more "rushed" than previous years. Elon doesnt seem like the kind of boss who would say "Oh its not ready? Thats ok, lets not push it out till its ready".

He is likely more like "Oh its not ready? Who is responsible for it not being ready, and why is their resignation not in my email right now?"

So, they rushed it out, knowing it wasnt ready. Hopefully they clean it up some soon.

I noticed the same thing. As the visualization spun round and round my daughter noted it was a good thing that it did not control the actual car's motion ;-)

I think the key to swiping in the new layout is to start with your finger in the center (centered between left and right edge) and then swipe left or right. Let me know here if this works for you

• Helpful
Reactions: Jane4 and Dre78
Does anyone using the new driving visualisation (2020.48.26 or FSD beta) have trouble swiping left and right to see the trip counter and tire pressure cards? I can't figure out where the proper swipe target is. 90% of the time if I swipe from the edges above the line with the dots it just rotates the visualisation.
Same here. I wish i had checked comments and screenshot before installing that crap.

Furthemore, anyone above 45-50 years with presbyopia is getting even more problems for the shrinking of (the already small) icons & numbers, leaving an always greater real estate on screen. And again no size adjustement and custom icons placement.

Fire the people responsible for the UI.

Does anyone using the new driving visualisation (2020.48.26 or FSD beta) have trouble swiping left and right to see the trip counter and tire pressure cards?

not at all. actually it seems the cards are a little larger so they are easier/ have more of the screen to swipe from.

when swiping the psi card the old way, i had a tendency to swipe kind of diagonally up and the card would not slide out and stay. that would happen every now and again, but since this new update i've been able to open that card on the first time.

Does anyone using the new driving visualisation (2020.48.26 or FSD beta) have trouble swiping left and right to see the trip counter and tire pressure cards? I can't figure out where the proper swipe target is. 90% of the time if I swipe from the edges above the line with the dots it just rotates the visualisation.

The target is anywhere in the bottom...

The area should be even larger than before.

I think the key to swiping in the new layout is to start with your finger in the center (centered between left and right edge) and then swipe left or right. Let me know here if this works for you
Thanks, I gave it another shot before I saw this reply and discovered the same thing. You have to start with your finger centered directly above (but not on) the three dots, as the correct touch target is apparently very narrow.

This is bad UI design. Contrast this with the action of dismissing a card that is already on screen. The latter provides both a larger touch target and visual cues for the affordance.

Having the same difficulties - the target area is now slightly indented and it takes several tries to get it right. I'd rather not be that unnecessarily distracted and/or have to work so hard.

The easiest (and safest) solution is to use voice command to call up the cards - the permanent microphone icon is another casualty of the update, but tapping the left-hand rotating switch on the steering wheel brings it up and you're good to go.

If you find the reduced font size for the speedo inconvenient, please join me in lobbying for reversing the decision. However, in terms of safety and convenience I do like the idea of moving the speedo readout to the top left (or right depending on where you find your steering wheel ;))

Murray C.

Just had a chance to spend some time with the update today - I was able to swipe the cards better than before, but could be in part because I read this thread and knew to swipe down close to the dots. FWIW I find the speedo better than before, as its located slightly less out of my field of vision as a driver, and is only moderately smaller. I would think that anyone who couldn't read the speed would have trouble operating the car's UI in general, since everything else is much smaller?

I’ve turned the heat up trying to do this, and I was nowhere near the heat.

the only thing I like about this update is the bottom menu, but it still has its flaws.

I can’t really swipe right to raise the volume anymore as the volume is now so close to the edge. I can lower the volume using the swipe no problem though.

After updating, I got an new icon to the left of the user custom icons at the bottom. It's blue with a white musical note symbol. Pressing this icon brings up the Media Controls card. You can then swipe this card left to show the Trips card, then swipe left again for the Tire Pressure card.

I haven't found any mention of this new icon in any of Tesla's documentation.

I got an new icon to the left of the user custom icons at the bottom. It's blue with a white musical note symbol.
I was mistaken. (I wrote the above from memory.) The icon to bring up the Media Controls card has a grey background, not blue. This is on software version 2022.44.25.5 with FSD Beta V10.69.25.
card_icon.jpg

Reactions: Jane4