TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Dilemma: CPO MX 90D vs P90D

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Wilsonli, Dec 2, 2019 at 3:40 PM.

Tags:
?

Which one will you choose

1. CPO MX P90D with 38k mileage

9 vote(s)
    81.8%
  2. CPO MX 90D with 20k mileage

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. Wilsonli

Wilsonli Member

Hi everyone,

I have a dilemma right now. I'm deciding which CPO model X should I choose.

a high mileage(about 38k miles) MX P90D or a low millage( about 20k miles) MX 90D, the price between these two are very similar.

Both car are 2016 build with AP1.

Which would you choose ?

Thank you

2. mjptech

mjptech Member

Considering the warranty for both will be the same, the P90D

Edit - under the assumption that you've looked into the vehicle history for both (and clean)

• Like x 1
  3. Wilsonli

Wilsonli Member

Yes, both are clean title, and CPO 4 year warranty.

4. MichaelP90DL

MichaelP90DL Member

I'd grab the P90D, but be aware the range might be a bit lower.

5. Maxv

Maxv Member

If you get the 90D you'll always wonder what the P90D would have been like. For similar money (and range), I like to spring for the Performance.

• Like x 2
  6. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

I vote P90D

• Like x 1
  7. Yoitskenn

Yoitskenn Member

P90D, that is for sure. Thats what we got and we are happy, except the 90% SOC is only at 208 miles. I am hoping its due to the cold weather we are having in the Bay Area, but our range is dropping significantly.

8. Wilsonli

Wilsonli Member

How many miles was your CPO P90D? based on your 90% SOC, that mean full charge is 231. Rated charge was 250 miles when it was new. So 19 miles battery degradation is quite a lot. Any idea of what is your real world miles for a full charge ?

9. Yoitskenn

Yoitskenn Member

10. Wilsonli

Wilsonli Member

The one I’m interested in is way more mileage than yours. I’m worried that it will be more battery degradation. However, the almost all CPO 90D come with FUSC now.

11. Yoitskenn

Yoitskenn Member

Supposedly degradation occurs during the first year or 2.
    P90D is a whole lot funner car
    My wife drives about 10-20 miles a day, that’s why we aren’t too worried about range.

12. mjptech

mjptech Member

Don't forget that the EPA mileage is pretty much unobtainable. It takes skill and the perfect circumstances to get the miles that are advertised. More than likely, you're going to average about 2.5 miles per kWh... The battery pack in the 90 is actually just under 82 kWh useable. Of course, terrain, driving characteristics, road conditions, weather, and, pretty much anything you can think of will affect the range.

If you're concerned about range, it's still not wise to get an EV. Especially a Model X... Just take advantage of those free Supercharger stations, except for on holidays, then, get in your gas powered car and skip the hour long wait at some chargers.

Model X: Average Wh/mile Tracker

Calculate usable battery capacity based on rated miles values

13. theonetheonly

theonetheonly Member

Honestly, neither.
    I bought a CPO MX P90D (super low mileage - 15K) and it has been a disappointment.
    The car has been in the shop for a myriad of small reasons that though covered under warranty has been frustrating.
    And the mileage is ridiculous. The range estimated by the car is 198 miles - but that’s in IDEAL circumstances. Warm outside, driving at 50 mph on the highway on a flag road, with no cross winds, no weight in the car and air conditioner off.
    I know because I complained and that’s the response I got.
    I recently did a highway drive in winter and went from 90% to 12% doing a 108 miles.

The MX and Tesla may have come a long way in build quality - you will not experience that
    You won’t get any of the newer bells and whistles which (lets face it) is part of the allure of getting this car.

Save up or wait for a 2017/2018 MX to come along

/2cents

• Informative x 1
  14. Wilsonli

Wilsonli Member

Can you share with me what are the issue ? And what month and year were your P90D build ? How is the battery holding up ?

15. Zorg

Zorg Member

90 have a bad reputation. Look for a 100d