Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dilemma: Petrol Station Etiquette

How would you fill the can?

• Tesla @ the pump

Votes: 29 64.4%
  • Milk Bay Parking

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • 1/2 mile social distance from a petrol station

Votes: 8 17.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few weeks after getting the Tesla, my son-in-law ran out of fuel & I had to take him a can full.
Filling up at the pump at my local Sainsburys a neighbour pulled up opposite, laughed at me & said in his best imitation cockney....

"Can I say something that will hold you in good stead for the future.........you don't live here no more" :confused:

https://twitter.com/i/status/951931416648044544
Cockney?
What's cockney about that?

Great idea if grass was a goat's meal of choice! They don't routinely eat grass ... just the leaves off everything else within sight! Best with a couple of sheep but you would probably spend more time picking up poo than you would spend mowing!

You beat me to it! Must have kept them as well, lovely animals.

Reminds me of when a friend bought goats to keep the grass down on a large area of grass around his house, he didn't ask me first and found them on top of his car when not savaging the flower beds!

To add to @Adopado they eat almost anything including washing off the line but grass.......yuck that is the last thing they will eat unless very hungry. :cool:

Over the years I've had all manner of comments from the attendants at the garage, when filling up, either filling up cans or towing a ski. I've also had some astonished looks from folk filling on the other side of the pump, until they realise its not getting pumped into a secret filler on the car :eek::p

Usually more questions follow about how well they tow and what it does to the range...yada yada.

Mind you I think MX is a bit more 'shouty' that it's a Tesla, M3's look more errrr....regular ;)

I recommend you check out the EGO Power Plus line of products. We liked the mower so much that we got the string trimmer and chainsaw. We'll be purchasing the leaf blower next and maybe the multi-head tool.

The batteries are all interchangeable. When we had a big storm recently, we just popped the lawn mower battery onto the chainsaw and were able to handle cutting up several trees without needing to recharge. We do have multiple batteries so if one runs out, it just takes a second to swap in one of the other batteries.

You beat me to it! Must have kept them as well, lovely animals.

Kept a couple of goats as part of a disability services project years ago ... we though it would be a positive ploy to involve some disabled adults in caring for them ... of course the interest waned after a few weeks and guess who ended up making sure the goats' needs were properly catered for!