Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dilemma

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having been told that my white/white SR+ with tow ordered on 1st August would not be with me until late October/November and the stressful stories of woe others were having, I decided to order one of the inventory cars that popped up on Tesla’s site mid week. Red/white SR+ with Tow. I have a pickup in Birmingham on Monday, though have still yet to pay as the invoice only popped up yesterday afternoon and it didn’t take into account a £2010 price adjustment that was on the order agreement and was the price on the inventory page. I don’t want to start the wire transfer if they have no intention of honouring the price adjustment. The dilemma is that at 10pm last night I received an invoice for my original white car with a delivery date for today at Heathrow! I didn’t want to cancel the white one until the red one was in my hands (Tesla rep told me that was fine on Wednesday as I’ll get my deposit back no problem). I’m traveling up from Surrey to the Lake District later today for a week in a rental car, so the Monday pickup in Birmingham wouldn’t be too far to go. Think I should pop up the road to West Drayton today to talk to them about both the invoice error of the red car and the sudden appearance out of the blue of my original white one.

If paying for anything make sure you use the invoice number on invoice for the car that you will want.

This is one of those situations where using a reservation number may case confusion. Did you get a different reservation number for new order. If so, probably over cautious advice but I personally would always play safe.

If paying for anything make sure you use the invoice number on invoice for the car that you will want.

This is one of those situations where using a reservation number may case confusion. Did you get a different reservation number for new order. If so, probably over cautious advice but I personally would always play safe.
You’re being far too cautious!

The worst thing that could happen is that the £45k could disappear into the ether never to be seen again :oops:

• Funny
Reactions: GreenT
Having been told that my white/white SR+ with tow ordered on 1st August would not be with me until late October/November and the stressful stories of woe others were having, I decided to order one of the inventory cars that popped up on Tesla’s site mid week. Red/white SR+ with Tow. I have a pickup in Birmingham on Monday, though have still yet to pay as the invoice only popped up yesterday afternoon and it didn’t take into account a £2010 price adjustment that was on the order agreement and was the price on the inventory page. I don’t want to start the wire transfer if they have no intention of honouring the price adjustment. The dilemma is that at 10pm last night I received an invoice for my original white car with a delivery date for today at Heathrow! I didn’t want to cancel the white one until the red one was in my hands (Tesla rep told me that was fine on Wednesday as I’ll get my deposit back no problem). I’m traveling up from Surrey to the Lake District later today for a week in a rental car, so the Monday pickup in Birmingham wouldn’t be too far to go. Think I should pop up the road to West Drayton today to talk to them about both the invoice error of the red car and the sudden appearance out of the blue of my original white one.
you cheeky sod I saw when tat car when I was thinking of going for that myself haha

So went to WD where they sorted the invoice problem on the Birmingham order. Turns out my original white order wasn’t ready today and only Monday from WD. Being that I’m in the Lake District now I went with the Birmingham order, so I’ll drive down on Monday in my holiday hire car and drop off and pick up the M3 and back to LD to continue holiday. After seeing the huge amount of white M3s being delivered today and seeing the red in the flesh. I decided I prefer the Red with white. Despite the extra premium. I wasn't prepared to drive 7 hours back to Heathrow and 7 hrs back to Lake District to continue the holiday. And they said they wouldn’t keep me matched to the white if I didn’t take it on Monday anyway so I’d have no car at all. So if anyone wants a white/white with tow. I’d give Heathrow WD a call!

If I’d had some indication from them that my order had left the US – as indicated in the bulk text we all had a while back – instead of being told this Wednesday that my car was a long ways off, then I would have tried to rearrange a few things. Turns out everything is all good and I can’t wait to pick up Elmo the M3 from Birmingham next week!

Reactions: Roy W.