Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dill VS-490 valve stem for OEM TPMS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting new rims/ tires installed on my ‘22 M3P- my local Costco specifically, says they do not have any valve stem repair kits (requiring the Dill VS-490 model) in stock which is required to do a proper TPMS swap from the current wheels to the new ones. They are looking at 2 weeks for the next shipment. Recommended I go to Tesla myself and get the part if I want the install to happen this week (which I do, my current wheels are compromised due to potholes in NY + 20in Uberturbines & overstretched Pirellis, yay)

Tesla Service Center got back to me that they do not sell the valve stem separately and only with the full TPMS module at $90/ea. The kit is available at a few online merchants varying from $35 for the set of 4 to almost $100 and have an eta of 1-2 weeks. So not ideal either.

eg: Dill VS-490 Stem For Tesla Bluetooth Sensor (4/Box)

I’m also going to call around to different Tire Rack provided shops to see if they have the kit in stock and can just do the install instead of Costco since time is of the essence (chose Costco because I usually always get my tires from them as a club member, and love the great 5 year road hazard warranty + lifetime tire rotation/ balancing benefits).

I wanted to ask if anyone has had experience/ or knows where to find this valve kit locally? I can’t find the thread but someone mentioned these being readily available at specific local suppliers? I’m located in NYC. Many chain auto stores around me such as Advance Auto Parts have other valve stems compatible with other cars, but not the OEM Tesla TPMS.

Attachments

• EFE11119-8F5F-46CB-BBCD-1ED9898D43E6.jpeg
    EFE11119-8F5F-46CB-BBCD-1ED9898D43E6.jpeg
    222.1 KB · Views: 121
Valve stems usually last the life of the car and there's no issue with moving them to different wheels within the first decade or so. Tire shops just have a standard blanket practice of telling everyone to get new stems because the profit margins on them are incredible. And even if you can't buy stems from them, they still have to urge you to get them or else they risk exposing the fraud.

Reactions: Adam3
Upvote 0
Getting new rims/ tires installed on my ‘22 M3P- my local Costco specifically, says they do not have any valve stem repair kits (requiring the Dill VS-490 model) in stock which is required to do a proper TPMS swap from the current wheels to the new ones. They are looking at 2 weeks for the next shipment. Recommended I go to Tesla myself and get the part if I want the install to happen this week (which I do, my current wheels are compromised due to potholes in NY + 20in Uberturbines & overstretched Pirellis, yay)

Tesla Service Center got back to me that they do not sell the valve stem separately and only with the full TPMS module at $90/ea. The kit is available at a few online merchants varying from $35 for the set of 4 to almost $100 and have an eta of 1-2 weeks. So not ideal either.

I’m also going to call around to different Tire Rack provided shops to see if they have the kit in stock and can just do the install instead of Costco since time is of the essence (chose Costco because I usually always get my tires from them as a club member, and love the great 5 year road hazard warranty + lifetime tire rotation/ balancing benefits).

I wanted to ask if anyone has had experience/ or knows where to find this valve kit locally? I can’t find the thread but someone mentioned these being readily available at specific local suppliers? I’m located in NYC. Many chain auto stores around me such as Advance Auto Parts have other valve stems compatible with other cars, but not the OEM Tesla TPMS.

I bought some at Beech Audio in the past. My tireshop damaged one when replacing the tires, so I keep my own supply now.

Upvote 0