Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Diminish value claim - need referral

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think some people give
I'm sensing a pattern here and hopefully others will share their experiences in order to obtain a bigger picture. One would think that perhaps only 10% of these diminished value claims wind up in litigation.
I hope other people did not give up after seeing a few denial letters.
I think that percentage is probably higher since insurance companies will try their best to not pay out.

The idea is to provide the insurance company with a diminished value appraisal they can't refute. They don't want to go to court any more than you do but if they are confident that you haven't proven your case, why not simply deny your claim and let you sue their insured? One piece of advice, I would check with your attorney to find out if you will also be on the hook for the defendant's legal fees if you lose.

Reactions: kdphan
It is a pleasure to read your comments and especially gratifying to see our company be so highly recommended by forum members. Just want to extend an invitation to the OP to call me. Look up The St. Lucie Appraisal Company in Fort Pierce, FL. Perhaps I can help you on the proper way to respond to these denial letters you are getting from the insurance company.

Update for anyone who's still interested.

The other insurance company sent me an email a few weeks back asking if I would be willing to settle for an amount that's slightly less than what I had asked for. I didn't want to waste anymore time so I accepted. It was about 75% of what I asked for.

Reactions: whisperingshad
Interesting. Im left with going to small claims court and suing the opposing driver if I want to pursue further. Frank at St. Lucie also did my dv report. The insurance company flat out denied the claim and once I sent them a letter response to their first denial, they engaged third party attorneys to write me another denial letter.

Interesting. Im left with going to small claims court and suing the opposing driver if I want to pursue further. Frank at St. Lucie also did my dv report. The insurance company flat out denied the claim and once I sent them a letter response to their first denial, they engaged third party attorneys to write me another denial letter.
definitely keep writing letters to them.