Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Diminished Value Claim question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To conclude my story, Progressive originally sent me a check for $150 for diminished value. They never mentioned this check in writing or on the phone, and I never cashed it.

When I went to pick up my repaired vehicle, an employee at Tesla Collision put me in contact with a company that does appraisals and works with insurance companies to get a fair diminished value payment. So I hired them for around $500 and today progressive has notified me that they are sending me a check for $8k for my diminished value.
Mind sharing the appraiser’s contact info? Like to get it done on my car as well.

Reactions: enemji
Hey Guys, I'm new to the DV thing, never done it before, but would like to ask just in case I need to use it in the future.
So when you file a DV claim, did you file against your own Auto Insurance or the other party Insurance that damage your car? And can anyone share a letter that you wrote to file a DV?

Thanks

Reactions: enemji
I used Collision Claim Associates (Illinois Diminished Value | Collision Claim Associates, Inc.). I shopped around from a few people and the estimate CCA provided was the highest.
We looked at them but they use an algorithm that has a built-in ceiling so it only goes so high. It would be fine for DV on a minor accident but when something major occurs (airbags, structural) cars can lose up to half of their values. The algorithm I think capped it at 25%.

Hey Guys, I'm new to the DV thing, never done it before, but would like to ask just in case I need to use it in the future.
So when you file a DV claim, did you file against your own Auto Insurance or the other party Insurance that damage your car? And can anyone share a letter that you wrote to file a DV?

Thanks

At least in CA you cant file diminished value against your own insurance. Its only relevant if you are in an accident and determined to not be at fault.

Can you share the letter that you sent to the Insurance for DV claim?

This was already pointed out to you previously in this thread, but a member provided an overview of their process in post #28. Most people will hire someone (a company) to help them with this, vs trying to do it themselves, since its a bit like a home appraisal.