Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Diminished value claims around Sacramento, CA region

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, you can still claim DV.

Your conflict is technically not with the insurance company, it's with the person who hit you. You are ultimately claiming damages from the at-fault party. And if needed, you would sue the person who hit you, not Geico.

However, as the insurance company, Geico would have to represent the client and pay out any damages. Regardless of whether you are a GEICO customer or not, they are going to do whatever they can to avoid paying out.
so what ended up happening?

so what ended up happening?

I picked up my car from the body shop on 08/12, took another 2 days to get it wrapped with PPF bringing my loss of use claim to 45 days, 3.4k for the MY I rented from Hertz which was paid out in full on 08/24.

I am using THE TESLA DIMINISHED VALUE PROJECT | TESLA MOTORS AUTOMOBILE DIMINISHED VALUE APPRAISER IN ALL 50 STATES to put together my diminished value claim which I hope to submit by 09/02, will update once this is complete.

Getting paid in full for the rental was my biggest concern, the diminished value claim is more so icing IMO as I do not plan to sell the vehicle. Worst case I got to drive a 22' vision only MY for a month and a free detail, best case I made some money because of the diminished value claim.

I saw about $6,000 loss in a Q3 with a rear bumper and associated bracketing and parts replacement, all factory new, and no body damage. All it took was a minor accident report in Carfax. In my opinion Carfax should be subject to a class action lawsuit for the harm they cause in broad brush reporting.

Update:

Been going back and forth with the at fault insurance company. They aren't budging from 2k. I'm having a hard time finding an attorney willing to take the case. I could always go small claims I suppose.
Try this firm. Found online

Try this firm. Found online
Tell them you’d like a letter stating they are not willing to give you closer to what you’re asking for. So then you can go sue their policy holder directly. They should then budge a bit once you say this. :)