Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ding in side of centre console any ideas how to fix?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks, I just went out to my car and noticed a small ding in the side of my centre console that I never noticed before. Funny, because I was sat in my car only yesterday installing a matte screen protector and thought I'd therefore have noticed something like that. I swear this interior loves to damage itself, because I also noticed a small chip on the hateful gloss black yesterday as well. I have no idea how either happened and I'm super OCD careful with the car. I never usually have any damage in my interiors even after years of use.

Any idea how I might be able to get rid of the ding? Only thing I can think of trying I heating it up gently with a hair dryer? I'm just mindful of making it worse.

I can't even imagine how it happened, because the steering wheel sticks out further than where the ding is, so if you got in the car with a bag or anything the steering wheel would take the hit and stop the bag from hitting that part of the console. I'm really at a loss to explain where this ding suddenly came from. I think my car is self harming?!

Here's a pic.

Attachments

• IMG_20200209_113140.jpg
    IMG_20200209_113140.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 154
I'm gonna be contrarian and tell you to just try to ignore it and forget about it.

We did the same to ours within the first couple weeks. It was from a metal foot from a purse that was sitting on the seat (and evidently against the console) beside my wife, or so we thing. I had actually forgotten about it until this thread. It's definitely still there but it's not worth paying any amount of money to fix given it's hardly visible location. Like you said, you didn't even notice it the day before!

It's a car. It will get more dings and scuffs. Just wait until you wipe down the centre glossy console and see all the scratches on that :S