Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ding removal with PDR near retracting handle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hello - has anyone had any luck with PDR on ding removal near the door handles? i recently got a ding right below the driver handle and unfortunately the first PDR person i booked was unable to do anything about it because the door handle mechanism prevents him from getting behind the metal there.

to top it all off, the ding is right on the factory "crease". it's very minor but such an eyesore. i was able to get all the offending paint off the ding. maybe it's not worth fixing since it's a lease, but i get to look it at several times a day as i approach the driver door. people are so inconsiderate :mad:

No direct experience with that spot, but you might ask your service center if they can recommend anyone for PDR. I had some excellent work done on my hood by a guy here in the SF area. He mentioned that he had worked with a SC here, and he seemed knowledgable about Teslas. If there's a similar person who works with your SC, he might be able to get around the door mechanism.

Alternatively I guess you could remove the door handle mechanism yourself, let the PDR guy do his thing, and then put it back. This might help: Fix your door that won't open