Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dings and chips on bottom half of doors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Roadster owners,
Looks like the front tires kick up a ton of little stones and debris, turning the bottom half of the doors into a minefield of paint chips and dings. Other than putting paint armor on the doors, is there any solution to this problem?
Thanks.

There is another lower cost option. A local sign shop put a matte black vinyl decal on the bottom 4 inches of the car. The cost was $75 and has held up well for 2 years now. I posted a few pictures. You may want to try and search on Roadster vinyl.

There is another lower cost option. A local sign shop put a matte black vinyl decal on the bottom 4 inches of the car. The cost was $75 and has held up well for 2 years now. I posted a few pictures. You may want to try and search on Roadster vinyl.

Thanks, I found your posting and it looks great. I am also getting rocks kicked back onto the lower part door panel itself. I am guessing its more visible on my car since my Roadster is steel gray.
I probably need to paint-armor the entire door.

Hi Roadster owners,
Looks like the front tires kick up a ton of little stones and debris, turning the bottom half of the doors into a minefield of paint chips and dings. Other than putting paint armor on the doors, is there any solution to this problem?
Thanks.

You should try living on a dirt road for 5 mo of the year to see how bad this can get. Or where they salt and sand the roads all winter. You ain't seen nothin' yet. I've thought about extending the paint armor to the doors and also the door sills in back of where the aluminum emblem is. The problem is that I've never found a good place to end it. You often see a thin white line right at the edge of any paint armor application. My doors only have this problem along the bottom.