TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Dinner for Matt (MDK) new Nullabor Conqueror (Perth to Bne trip)

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by eclectricdave, May 6, 2016.

1. eclectricdave

eclectricdave Member

Matt is returning to Perth thru Melbourne and I propose a dinner for him 31st May at a Pub within a few ks north or west of CBD. Im looking for one with off-street parking best. Pl indicate if interested.

• Like x 1
  2. PJF000

PJF000 TOCA Member

Pencil me in. Plenty of good pubs in Richmond and close to the SC.

3. lennier

lennier Member

I should be able to do that, thanks for organising!

4. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Been tracking this trip since I stumbled upon the first Twitter post and found the thread here...

Since I'm in Southern California and more than half a day's flight from your country, someone will just have to drink a beer for me...

5. WhiteStar

WhiteStar Member

It’s a long drive to the pub for me too but I’ll raise a pint here in honour. Congrats on the true pioneering effort not just mapping but providing the way across the Nullarbor for others to follow. I’ve flown across at lowish altitudes & very aware of the sheer vastness of one of the most remote areas on Earth. No doubt way more vast & remote from the cockpit of a Model S.

6. PJF000

PJF000 TOCA Member

It's the Aussie custom that overseas guests buy the first shout (round of drinks) ;)

7. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Next time your in SoCAL. PM me.

Or if I'm in Oz.

8. PJF000

PJF000 TOCA Member

Agreed.

9. alpal

alpal Member

WA is virtually like overseas to me :rolleyes: and as I'm a born again road trip fan - I'd love to come and meet the Nullarbor Conqueror and other Teslarites! It's through his efforts that I may be able to do the crossing soon myself.

Count me in.

10. PJF000

PJF000 TOCA Member

Short notice for another meeting & well deserved dinner for Matt (MDK) Wednesday night (11 May) while he is in Melbourne for a couple of days before continuing his epic journey north. Also a chance to learn about the new official Tesla Owners Club of Australia which will be having it's "reveal" in the very near (read days) future.

I am thinking France-Soir in Toorak Rd, South Yarra around 7.00 pm. Please indicate your interest at your earliest convenience so as reservation can be confirmed. All welcome.

11. TesAus

TesAus Member

Any plans for a Sydney catch up as the conquerer transits through on his way north?

12. alpal

alpal Member

@pjf100 - unfortunately, too short a notice for me, but definitely keep me in the loop for the upcoming reveal of the new official TOCA!

13. PJF000

PJF000 TOCA Member

Will do.

14. lennier

lennier Member

Can't do the 11th sorry, are you still planning one on the return pass through Melbourne? I'm sick as a dog too so even if I was able to go out tomorrow night I probably shouldn't inflict myself on anyone.

15. PJF000

PJF000 TOCA Member

electricdave has organised this one for mdk's return trip so I am sure we will here more about that closer to the date.

16. Keiron

Keiron Member

Gudday AEdennis

Might be able to have that drink with you sometime next on behalf of the nullaboor guys.!

I'll be in LA on Saturday and will be traveling from San Deigo to Sacramento over the week for multiple meetings.Managed to borrow my brothers Model S outta LA- Bastard just got his Model X delivered......

17. Keiron

Keiron Member

Hope you guys are having a good night at France-Soir in St Yarra. If there's a return get together later on the 30th I would be up for that one..

18. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Saturday seems to be popular with many Tesla Clubs all over the US (the Tesla Roadtrip in the East are in Colonial Williamsburg which I am missing) I will be participating in the LA and SD club's Wine and Wheels drive and winery visits... Take your brother and his S and/or X and join us. Additionally, if free the following weekend, (21st) the OC Club that I help organize has an Armed Forces Day drive to the Battleship Iowa planned as well.

Otherwise, PM me and we can talk about grabbing a drink on one of your days up from San Diego.

19. Davide

Davide Member

Count me in, I would love to catch up as well.

20. Barry C

Barry C Member

Yep I'm in. Tuesday 30th May OK.