Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dinner Program - To Infinity and Beyond: Jeff Skoll Talks with Elon and Kimbal Musk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for posting that. To be honest, I was actually more interested in what Kimbal had to say since he doesn't do interviews (etc.) nearly as much as Elon. It seemed to me like they both had a pretty good time. :)

nice to see such a relaxed and informative intervieuw

I think due to Kimbal, Elon seemed more relaxed!
Nice to see them in such symbiose.

Weird, am I the only one who see Elon aiming some evil eye to the mediator and Kimbal at some of the questions? Almost like they were digging at Elon to tell some of the crazier stories, but Elon eyeing them to shut up because he is the ceo of two companies so he can't say those things.

Fun to watch the interaction of the two brothers, indeed!

Besides Elon's great observations, one from Kimbal hit me, paraphrasing here... "Childhood obesity and the lack of interest/drive in the sciences is the epidemic of today, creating an expensive and unproductive generation."

I am new to these interview PR circus. So I hope someone can enlighten me. Why do they always ask the same questions in Elon's Interviews? I've probably heard the same stories about 10 times now and it is no longer possible to gleam any insight from watching Elon's body language on screen. You can tell that it is just practiced response.

Presumably, only a small portion of the video's viewers are avid Tesla fans which have seen pretty much every interview Elon Musk has ever given (like us on TMC). Everybody else is just watching a stand-alone interview and this is new information to them.

It does make it a bit tiring, but it happens with most public figures. Few news organizations actually bother to come up with new questions for each interview they conduct. They have a standard battery that they ask everyone they interview (with some variation/adaptation). They treat it like their interview will be the only one seen on a given subject.

Elon and Kimbal are quite the comedic duo. In particular when Kimbal was talking about how exciting it was to watch SpaceX rockets explode ~23:40. The reaction shots of Elon are priceless.

Best part! Very fun to see Kimbal bust his brother's chops throughout the interview and Elon's reaction (especially on that one) was classic. You can tell they have a lot of history together and Kimbal is not afraid to provoke, challenge, and keep Elon on his toes...

This might be my favourite Elon interview yet. Kimbal's presence makes Elon's reactions seem much more natural than some of his other interviews that highlighted his awkward body language. Actually, I think he used a lot of the same awkward body language and facial expressions here that he has previously, but Kimbal's immediate responses (laughing, or interjecting thoughts) almost acted as a translator for Elon's body language. Thoroughly enjoyed, thanks for posting!