Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dipped again! This time Deep Sea Blue + Blueberry Juice in Autoflex Satin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in Long Island and not too far from Astoria and I love this! How long did they have your car? How long will this last? Is it hard to clean and maintain? I know with plastidip, you needed special cleaner.

He's actually now working out of Liberty Ave, Ozone Park. He needs the car for at least 48 hours. For instance, drop off on Monday, pick up on Wednesday. For Autoflex, maintenance is just like regular paint.. except for a satin or matte finish, you don't wax it. But you can cut, buff, and polish it just like regular paint. I take my car through a regular car wash. They say Autoflex will last at least 5 years. Plastidip probably 2 to 3 years.

I'll most likely be going to this event (late in the afternoon) if you want to see my car in person:

Tesla/EV event coming up August 5th Long Island, NY

Reactions: P85_DA
He's actually now working out of Liberty Ave, Ozone Park. He needs the car for at least 48 hours. For instance, drop off on Monday, pick up on Wednesday. For Autoflex, maintenance is just like regular paint.. except for a satin or matte finish, you don't wax it. But you can cut, buff, and polish it just like regular paint. I take my car through a regular car wash. They say Autoflex will last at least 5 years. Plastidip probably 2 to 3 years.

I'll most likely be going to this event (late in the afternoon) if you want to see my car in person:

Tesla/EV event coming up August 5th Long Island, NY

Thanks! I did read read about this meetup. I’ll try and swing it.

2 days isn’t bad at all. I’d probably skip the chrome delete as I’m one of the few who like the chrome here! Not sure if you know NY state regulations, but when you change your color like this, do you need to notify insurance and/or state?

Also, is there a catalog online of colors?

I’ve emailed him.

If you skip the chrome delete, he might be able to do it in less time, but I'm not sure.

For colors, you can look at these two links below, but these are just starting points.. they really can do anything, even if you just want a solid color:

Dip Pearls - The Perfect Addition To Plasti Dip® Spray Cans | DipYourCar
Make Up, Cosmetic, Mica, Automative Paints

I have no idea about state regulations on the color change. It's completely removable and therefore could be considered "temporary" and the original paint still exists on the car. I really don't know about that, it's never come up before.

Yes, Deep Sea Blue color is great by itself, but we added Blueberry Juice (a translucent tint) just to amp up the blue even more.

I'm pretty sure this photo is DSB+BB Juice in gloss:

upload_2018-7-2_21-42-54.png

Yes, Deep Sea Blue color is great by itself, but we added Blueberry Juice (a translucent tint) just to amp up the blue even more.

I'm pretty sure this photo is DSB+BB Juice in gloss:

View attachment 314174

Even better. Sharp. I kind of regret going with Midnight Silver originally over Deep Blue Sea when I bought my CPO. I listened to my wife who told me the Deep Sea Blue looked too young. I think she was trying to tell me I am getting old :) I don't mind the Midnight Silver, but after 1.5 years, I am rather bored of it. I never felt this way about my past color car, which was a Midnight Blue 328xi. This is my chance to get what I want now....

Another question...I have a couple of small, deep scratches. I would imagine they can fill them in before they apply the base coats to mask them, correct?

I was so disappointed Tesla stopped now making that color.

First, I assume you meant "BMW" there.

The color was called Monaco Blue.

Second, are you talking about your "Midnight Blue" 328xi or my Lemans Blue e39 M5? Because my M5 is definitely LeMans Blue.

BMW made A LOT of different blues. :)

I also previously owned a 2010 Z4 in Deep Sea Blue Metallic and a '95 325i in Montreal Blue Metallic. There's kind of a theme here.

First, I assume you meant "BMW" there.

Second, are you talking about your "Midnight Blue" 328xi or my Lemans Blue e39 M5? Because my M5 is definitely LeMans Blue.

BMW made A LOT of different blues. :)

I also previously owned a 2010 Z4 in Deep Sea Blue Metallic and a '95 325i in Montreal Blue Metallic. There's kind of a theme here.

My 2010 BMW was Monaco Blue (which in reality was a midnight blue). Tesla had a similar color and stopped making it in 2015, but forgot the name of it, so I was referring to that.

People asked about the side skirts and the door jamb areas. See the photos below.

Since the factory color is Dark Blue Metallic and the interior black, the door jambs don't really stand out at all.

View attachment 314266 View attachment 314267

Is there any original paint in these pictures? I have midnight silver midnight and black interior, so wondering if that will look ok.