Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dipped again! This time Deep Sea Blue + Blueberry Juice in Autoflex Satin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The outlined area below is the original paint/color.

View attachment 314305

It was hard to tell but in pics, that looks all black. Can they also wrap and paint inside? I think it would look terrible with my factory color being midnight silver and then going with a color like you picked.

I would imagine you can get the door jams wrapped in black at least to blend better.

Attachments

• 506F6B6F-FBA2-4B52-B84B-B0B338604F45.jpeg
    506F6B6F-FBA2-4B52-B84B-B0B338604F45.jpeg
    413.3 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
Yes, I believe they can spray/dip all the door jambs to match, but it just takes more prep time to properly mask it all off. I guess you could find someone to wrap the door jambs black, too. AFAIK, ProdipperNYC doesn't do wraps, but you could ask him what your options for that are.

Anything's possible. ;)

Yes, I believe they can spray/dip all the door jambs to match, but it just takes more prep time to properly mask it all off. I guess you could find someone to wrap the door jambs black, too. AFAIK, ProdipperNYC doesn't do wraps, but you could ask him what your options for that are.

Anything's possible. ;)

Thanks. I've requested quotes for all 3 certified Autoflex dealers in my area. ProDipperNYC is the furthest away from me.

I would definitely have to do the door jams unlike you who picked a similar color. I'd also consider doing my rims.

Here's mine, mind you this is regular dip and not the autoflex. Turned out pretty good, probably could have used another coat of the pearl color. Turned out pretty much all purple and green on the Tesla I very rarely get any blues. I was hoping for more blue so likely will change it to another hypershift soon.

How did yours turn out? I’d love to see it. I’m going for mine in August.

Attachments

• 20180706_105803.jpg
    20180706_105803.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 168
Reactions: HankLloydRight
Here's mine, mind you this is regular dip and not the autoflex. Turned out pretty good, probably could have used another coat of the pearl color. Turned out pretty much all purple and green on the Tesla I very rarely get any blues. I was hoping for more blue so likely will change it to another hypershift soon.

Thanks. What made you decide to do plastidip vs autoflex? was it cost?

Thanks. What made you decide to do plastidip vs autoflex? was it cost?

Yeah, cost was one factor, the other was the fact that plastidip I can do myself in my garage in a day. I may payout for autoflex if I find a color I really like due to the clarity and finish you can get with autoflex compared to plastidip. I can do the initial dip for around $400-600 depending on the pearl and you wait for one of the 20-25% off sales to stock up. AT that price I can do 3-4 dips in different plastidip colors compared to autoflex cost. Dips after the intial layer and color can be done for $100-200 because you really only need one base layer to get it back to black or white before doing the new color. Intiial plastidip cost could be reduced if you know 100% you will add a new color on top, then you don't need to do the minimum layers for peelability.

awesome, I am getting this done once my 3 arrives, how do you think it would look in this color Ocean Blue Pearls I'm still debating satin vs glossy.

Here is the color on a BMW. It’s going to be a pretty loud color, but if that is the look you want, go for it!

Google Image Result for https://s3-media4.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/442Fr6qKstobCN284xbNJw/o.jpg

I am getting mine flexed next week by the same person as @HankLloydRight and same color except I elected to do glossy and I am also dipping my wheels a dark graphite as well.

Reactions: HankLloydRight