TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Dipped! Bora Bora + Autoflex

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Butane, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Butane

Butane Member

Today celebrates two months of Model 3 ownership. Fitting that I should get to pick it up from my dip guy today!

This whole idea was inspired by showing my wife the thread where @HankLloydRight dipped his Model S in a colorshifting pearl, back when the long wait had just begun. Then she saw what Tesla wanted for any color other than black, and we decided it was clearly an irresponsible waste of money to do anything other than a dip or wrap. :D

So I present to you, the Model 3 dipped in blue with Bora Bora colorshift pearls. AutoFlex was the key here. Had to feel (and maintain) like OEM paint.

We were going to replace the wheels with aftermarket 18"s, but the aero look has grown on us so they were dipped too.

Work was done by Dapper Dips in Evansville, IN.

IMG_6814.jpg
    IMG_6825.jpg
    IMG_6818.jpg
    IMG_6857-HDR.jpg
    IMG_6833.jpg

Shaky-cam walk around:

• Like x 3
  2. Eclipse3EB

Eclipse3EB Member

Looks nice! How much does something like this cost?

3. 30seconds

30seconds Active Member

Great color. Reminds me of the old BMW estroil blue

4. Butane

Butane Member

It was around $2k for us. Partly depends on color choices.