Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dipped my car: Autoflex Matte + ZTA Hypershift + Blueberry Juice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
-----------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: For the second, more recent installment in this series, please see:
Dipped again! This time Deep Sea Blue + Blueberry Juice in Autoflex Satin
-----------------------------------------------------------
Well, here it is!

The results are simply amazing. Even better in person.

I had this done at Pro Dipper NYC this week.

The blue is simply amazing, and the purple is, well, really purple (a little more than I expected).

I don't know how to embed an Instgram video, but you can see a short video of the car on Pro Dipper's page here: Phillips (@prodipper) • Instagram photos and videos

p1.jpg
p2.jpg
p3.jpg
p4.jpg
p5.jpg
p6.jpg
p7.jpg
p8.jpg
p9.jpg
p10.jpg

Last edited:
Autoflex isn't Plastidip.. so it's not a rubbery finish. But it is a matte finish, so it won't feel like a gloss or high-gloss finish either. It's pretty hard to describe.. I'd say it feels 90% like regular paint.

I am happy with the results -- except that the purple is really purple, more than I expected. I thought it would be more of a strong hint of purple. :)

• Informative
Reactions: benjiejr
I don't know how to embed an Instgram video, but you can see a short video of the car on Pro Dipper's page here: Phillips (@prodipper) • Instagram photos and videos
Man I guess that installer is really partial to purple. There are quite a few cars in that color. When I saw the first picture that looks like blue to me big deal. Then you went the other angles. Nice job. Do they have any warranty on how long this is supposed to last?

Man I guess that installer is really partial to purple. There are quite a few cars in that color. When I saw the first picture that looks like blue to me big deal. Then you went the other angles. Nice job. Do they have any warranty on how long this is supposed to last?

All the purple cars you see on his page (except for two single shots) are the same car -- his own.

Love your new color, did you watch this vid before getting the ZTA+Juice? I just watched this a day ago then saw your post.

Yes! In fact, I had already decided to go with the Deep Sea Blue pearl+Autoflex about a month ago. Then "Fonzie" started posting a few pics of that car before the Juices were launched, he wasn't revealing any details about the juices or how he got that color (see his Instagram feed). So I had to wait until it was released, and when it was, I changed my plans to go ZTA+Juice, but do a matte finish instead.

And If you really want purple

Yeah, I know. I don't want that purple!

• Love
Reactions: ChrisPDX and mdevp
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I haven't logged in to TMC since I posted my Autoflexed car a couple months ago. I heard you made a post so I had to return to check it out.

I love the color. Trust me, you'll get use to the purple. I didn't want as much purple on mine but the broken necks tell me I'm fine with it.

Philips and Anthony did an incredible job. I was stunned that you went with the matte topcoat. I expected gloss.

$2300 is a very reasonable price. You all don't realize the work and care that goes into dipping a car, properly that is.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    741.1 KB · Views: 249
Also, now that it's done and I'm strongly considering going to TMC Connect, I'd love to bring it out there. But I just can't fathom three days of driving out there and back by myself. :/

I've done NYC<->Orlando twice now, and swore after the second one I wouldn't do that again.

Darren, it was your DuraCar posts on TMC that first got me thinking about Plastidipping my car. I hadn't really heard of it before that. It's been a rabbit hole ever since. ;)

Well I'm glad I've converted yet another person. Lol. The addiction is real. Every part of my car is Autoflexed. Trim, car, wheels, calipers and nosecone.

Once Autoflex came out it was a no brained for me. I have something else in mind coming hopefully within a month or so.

I don't blame you. It kinda sucks by yourself. Even worse without autopilot.

Stunning!! I can't believe it. Ever since I started seeing pictures of wraps I was wondering if I could get my car done to match my favorite (and sadly neglected) roadbike. I have a Serotta RapidTour ti (now obsolete, discontinued, etc.) with the color "harlequin" which is EXACTLY the same color as your car.

Okay, here's the tally: REUS soundsystem? check. Artsci's soundproofing? check. Artsci's front T? check. Artsci's rear T? check. Artsci's applique? check. Blackvue? check. Left to do: Tesla logo puddle lights and blueberry dip.
Looks like artsci isn't the only one who knows how to get me in trouble.:rolleyes:

It's a beautiful car, @HankLloydRight ! I personally love how it changes to the purple at a different angle, but then again, I'm partial to purple - mine is matte purple wrap. How long is it supposed to last and how easy is it to take off?

I've not heard of autoflex until now but might consider that in a year or two when I tire of my current color.

Gorgeous! You and Hank are making me want to dip my car after getting it wrapped just a few months ago!

Of course that's beauty of these temporary color changes; you can change them as often as you like.

I love seeing these unique Teslas...they make an already gorgeous car, drop-dead gorgeous.

View attachment 183615 View attachment 183616 I haven't logged in to TMC since I posted my Autoflexed car a couple months ago. I heard you made a post so I had to return to check it out.

I love the color. Trust me, you'll get use to the purple. I didn't want as much purple on mine but the broken necks tell me I'm fine with it.

Philips and Anthony did an incredible job. I was stunned that you went with the matte topcoat. I expected gloss.

$2300 is a very reasonable price. You all don't realize the work and care that goes into dipping a car, properly that is.