TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Dipping my car pink for Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by FLDarren, Sep 26, 2015.

1. FLDarren

FLDarren Member

I bought some Fierce Pink Plasti dip from Dipyourcar.com. They do a 20% off sale every year on all pink dip for breast cancer awareness. They show great support for the cause. So I got a gallon. I should get it Monday or Tuesday. I can't wait to get started.

My plan is to start with the wheels then do a huge ribbon on the hood. I'll have to see how much I have left. I plan on doing all the chrome trim on the car, the nosecone, badges and the spoiler.

IMG_6530.PNG

2. mhpr262

mhpr262 Member

Now all you need to complete the car is a big red papier maché nipple in place of the nosecone.

3. FLDarren

FLDarren Member

I bet if i layered the dip enough it would raise off the surface. lol

4. FireLT

FireLT Member

That's nice.. I have been thinking about dipping my car as well and changing the color. Question... I have xpel ultimate clear bra and cquartz... do you think dip will stick on top of that?

5. I'm sure the Cquartz will interfere with the bonding, but I would be more concerned about not being able to get the plastidip our of the edges of the clear bra when you want to remove it.

6. EVenthusiast

EVenthusiast Member

Ignoring the potential issues with this charity, they are also pretty aggressive protecting the pink 'trademark', so be careful ;)

Is there any way you can set up a camera on a tripod, and either record video or time lapse it? Would be very interesting!

7. FLDarren

FLDarren Member

8. Jool

Jool Member

That looks awesome!

9. jennaileen

jennaileen New Member