TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Direct contact to Tesla Motors R&D

Discussion in 'Future Cars' started by DITB, May 25, 2014.

1. DITB

DITB Charged.hk co-founder

I have an idea which I would like to propagate directly to Tesla Motors R&D.

Anyone who knows a proper email address which will go to the right person(s)?

PM is fine (against spam robots)

Thank you

2. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

Is it a novel idea? For legal reasons Tesla would not want to know your novel idea unless you have a patent.

3. walla2

walla2 Member

I have never found that a company or person isn't interested in free, unprotected IP.

4. liuping

liuping Active Member

Most movie studios don't accept pitches of movies by strangers via mail, because they would get 1000's of pitches covering almost every possible topic. Then later when they make a movie that may be similar to one of those ideas, someone will come along as say "here I pitched that to you" and sue them.

It might be similar for other companies, unless you sign an contract stating upfront that you release all claims to the idea, before even telling them what it is.