Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Direct Line won't cover me while I'm away - recommendations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm currently insured with Direct Line, which was the only insurer to offer a reasonable price as I am 24. I'm due to be out of the country for about 6 months soon and Direct Line won't renew my insurance because I'll be away (I intend to leave the car with family).

It's infuriating because surely not driving a car for 6 months is low risk, but Direct Line won't continue to insure so I need to find an alternative in the next week before I go away.

I'll be 25 upon renewal in July so I'm looking for insurer recommendations. All the quotes I've gotten so far are obscenely high, or are reasonable but with a £3000 excess.

Any young Tesla owners please help!

Somewhere, in the wilderness that is my brain, I seem to remember now seeing a comment that they were not taking on any new clients.

Either way, I'll know by the end of September when my insurance is due. In that case I'll be searching the threads looking for an insurer myself!

Somewhere, in the wilderness that is my brain, I seem to remember now seeing a comment that they were not taking on any new clients.

Not talking new clients is what was said ~2yrs ago. It was rumoured that if you took (eg.) home insurance too then they were still willing to take on the Tesla.

Not sure if anything has changed, but they have continued to insure existing clients - my renewal came in last week (and I only take car insurance from them).